duck boat accessories

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

duck boat accessories

Postby Jangle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 am

Hey guys what Kind of accessories do you have in you boats like ammo andcup holders, gun or storage boxes, lights. Just anythong that you have tjat you like or dislike. Pictured would be awspme too thanks
Jangle
hunter

Re: duck boat accessories

Postby gahunter706 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Lots of dry storage and a gun box are good accessories. My boat has a large dry storage box in front of the side console and I can store several life jackets, throw cushion, drinks, snacks, and other necessities and it keeps everything out of the way. My gun box is about 10ft and I can put 4 guns on one side and have room left over for more dry storage. A few LEDs inside the boat and inside the gun box and dry box make it much easier to find stuff in the dark. Also, the lid of the gun box makes a good place to put shells/drinks when hunting.
gahunter706
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Love my gun/rod box that doubles as a the seat I operate the boat from. It goes up the side of of my boat the other side has two boxes running up it one holds the battery and all the wiring and stereo. The other box is just dry storage which is nice. They both act as seats as well for passengers leaving the floor open which I love. The gas tank is under the bow which I like less weight in the back and no gas tank sliding around on the floor in back. I wish it had a front bow deck hatch to access the empty space in front of the gas tank for storage. I like having the 12volt outlest in back and on the front deck for plugging a light into or whatever. I like the trolling motor plug on the front deck too. The trolling motor I put on I like a lot too its a wireless 45lb 12volt motorguide. I have interior lights that rarely use most of the time I have a flash light or head lamp anyways. I want to make a removable livewell out of a cooler that will plug into on of the outlets. A fish finder will be added at some point as well. I mounted rod holder bases to the rail which I like having. I love the stainless prop on the motor as well now I never wanna have a aluminum one again. I wish more engines still offered pull start as a option on top of electric start as well. I've had to use my pull start as back up a few times.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Fixin to put a wench on mine lol
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Rich- » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Duck Collector wrote:Fixin to put a wench on mine lol

Can't go wrong having a wench, makes those slow times move along a bit quicker.
Rich-
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm

I think it all depends on what size boat you have. I have 1646 Gatortail and I love the open floor plan. Storage and boxes are nice, but not at the expense of mobility. My seats are on cabelas spyder legs so they can be moved anywhere in the boat. My 4 foot front deck is open all the way through. I have a couple small dry boxes under there with gas tank extra life jackets, throw cushion. I added interior light so when my boat blind is up I can still see in the dark. I have driving lights in the front. Hunt deck no back with storage, GPS/fishfinder (A MUST), I mounted the transducer on a RAM tranducer mount that allows me to get the transducer out of the mud when going through the marsh. I will be adding a drink holder!
Attachments
boat blind.JPG
gps mount.JPG
transducer.JPG
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Rich- wrote:
Duck Collector wrote:Fixin to put a wench on mine lol

Can't go wrong having a wench, makes those slow times move along a bit quicker.

Ima put one on here soon. 2500# sound big enough? Only reason im putting one on is because me and my buddy tend to do some stupid sh!t knowing its a stupid idea to start with. We both have one of those "naaa we can make it" mind sets (had to have an air boat pull us out twice) So in that case....a wench will be necessary :fingerhead:
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby threedogs » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am

Cajun1085 wrote:I think it all depends on what size boat you have. I have 1646 Gatortail and I love the open floor plan. Storage and boxes are nice, but not at the expense of mobility. My seats are on cabelas spyder legs so they can be moved anywhere in the boat. My 4 foot front deck is open all the way through. I have a couple small dry boxes under there with gas tank extra life jackets, throw cushion. I added interior light so when my boat blind is up I can still see in the dark. I have driving lights in the front. Hunt deck no back with storage, GPS/fishfinder (A MUST), I mounted the transducer on a RAM tranducer mount that allows me to get the transducer out of the mud when going through the marsh. I will be adding a drink holder!

What happens with those chairs when you hit waves and rough water?
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 pm

threedogs wrote:
Cajun1085 wrote:I think it all depends on what size boat you have. I have 1646 Gatortail and I love the open floor plan. Storage and boxes are nice, but not at the expense of mobility. My seats are on cabelas spyder legs so they can be moved anywhere in the boat. My 4 foot front deck is open all the way through. I have a couple small dry boxes under there with gas tank extra life jackets, throw cushion. I added interior light so when my boat blind is up I can still see in the dark. I have driving lights in the front. Hunt deck no back with storage, GPS/fishfinder (A MUST), I mounted the transducer on a RAM tranducer mount that allows me to get the transducer out of the mud when going through the marsh. I will be adding a drink holder!

What happens with those chairs when you hit waves and rough

So far so good. I've taking the boat out on a bay off the Chesapeake to get to a marsh. It's not fun, but didn't have a problem with the chairs tipping I would guess 1 1/2-3 ft chop. Wouldn't recommend taking on 3fts with a marsh boat on the regular though or leaning back to far in the chair in those conditions.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby Okie Ducker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 am

I have a 16 ft Tracker Grizzlie with 60HP Evinrude and side console. I mounted the gun sleeve and accessory bag set ups that Mud Buddie sells. Very handy and keeps floor space open. I also mounted a heavy gage plastic tub with lid to the floor in front of my console that serves as dry box and extra seat. Very handy as well. Head lights up front are comforting on those early morning river runs. I have a fish locator/depth finder/GPS machines that helps in finding your blind on poor visibility days and for finding the running channels.
Okie Ducker
hunter

Postby Rebel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 am

All good suggestions. The one thing in my boat that I use a lot of is a telescoping decoy retriever. Where I hunt sometimes it's too deep or muddy to get out of the boat so it comes in pretty handy, not just for decoys but retrieving my downed birds also.
Rebel
hunter

Postby Jangle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:45 am

Iv been looking at the splash accessory bag tjst mud buddy sells has any one used any of tje splash products? Thanks for all tjr replys
Jangle
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Image i put this on today, I ended up getting a 4500# and thats way more than i needed. Found it for the same price as a 2500#. And just ordered a 20" LED light bar. I'll post pics when i get it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds