What's it worth? 2002 xpress boat

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Postby tazman7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 am

I found a boat I am interested in buying buy am unsure what they are worth considering I cannot find one this size to compare it too.

It is a 2002 xpress 2072 with a 125 mercury motor. He says around 40 hours. He's asking $10500.

Thanks!
Beretta A400 Xtreme Unico 28" Max4
tazman7
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 am

Hard to say.
For comparison, a buddy just sold a '04 G3 1860 sc w/ '05 90 Yam 4st ( hrs unknown, probably around 350-500), good trailer, 55 lb MK foot troll. motor. Boat was in great shape, not beat up at all. Trolling plate, trolling rod racks, 2 GPS fisfinders inc. $7500.
You're looking at a bigger rig, no hrs on the motor. If its not beat up, hours check out ( may not be able to?) and compression is good, it's probably not that far off. New rig like that is low 20k's I bet.
I'd offer something less than that, in a respectful way, and go from there. If its something you want, you can come up to meet him. The market is not saturated with rigs like that, as you already have found out.
talltimber
hunter

Re: What's it worth? 2002 xpress boat

Postby handyandy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 pm

I would have to agree with the above statement. Pictures of the boat would help a lot and list of things it comes with like a trolling motor, fish finder, or whatever it may have can effect the value. Assuming it's in good shape it doesn't seem like a bad deal. If you want it like what was already said go look at it and make a offer within reason maybe a thousand less and shoot for meeting in the middle with 500 less I would think is reasonable. But it's hard for me or anyone else to say without seeing it in person. If you can check the compression on the engine that will tell you a lot about it.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds