Gheenoe

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Gheenoe

Postby huntswithmutts » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Anyone use a Gheenoe to hunt ducks/geese? Is it stable enough to hunt from? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Re: Gheenoe

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm

I've hunted out of a classic for the last 6 years and it's been a great duck boat for the areas I hunt. The Classic and the 13' model are the best options for a duck boat IMO...the 15'4 is more similar to a flat back canoe and less stable than the other two models.

Whether or not these are going to be a good option for you depends largely on where and how you hunt. These boats are not designed to hunt big, unprotected water, but they make great backwater boats.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby huntswithmutts » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:50 am

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I've hunted out of a classic for the last 6 years and it's been a great duck boat for the areas I hunt. The Classic and the 13' model are the best options for a duck boat IMO...the 15'4 is more similar to a flat back canoe and less stable than the other two models.

Whether or not these are going to be a good option for you depends largely on where and how you hunt. These boats are not designed to hunt big, unprotected water, but they make great backwater boats.

Would you be able to post any pictures of your rig? Do you use a blind and hunt from it, or do you just use the Gheenoe to get to your spot?
huntswithmutts
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am

I'll try to find some other pictures, but that's it in my avatar. I have a blind on mine, but whether or not I hunt from the boat or use it solely for transport depends on where I'm hunting and how many people I'm hunting with.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby huntswithmutts » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for your help. The Gheenoe seems like a great year round boat. Have you ever used an NMZ before? I really like the layout of the NMZ, but it might be a little small for duck hunting.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds