Free Aqua Pod

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Free Aqua Pod

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:05 pm

I had been poking around for about 6 months and was planning to bite the bullet on $1,200 for a new Aqua Pod for hunting local backwaters and calm water layout hunting. A week or so ago I was having dinner at a buddies place and talking about the purchase. His wife pipes up with hey, I have one hanging on the back of the shop I never use. You can use it as long as you need it but you can't paint it. Well the pod was baby blue. A week later I am back over helping them with some house maintenance and she tells me not to worry about it and to paint it any color I want. She told me the pod is mine if I will drop it off once in a while for her to use locally.

I fixed some glass areas along the seam, put a door together for it and started the paint job last night. This is an old 70's model glass pod that weighs around 65 lbs.

I figure when I get done decking it out with cleats, paint, a cover for open water hunting, the door, gun holder, shell holder, and a ghillie for hunting in the woods and brush I will be right at $150 total cost.

Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Re: Free Aqua Pod

Postby 4riverman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:10 am

Right place, Right time, RIght person, don't waste your money on a lottery ticket, you just used up all your good luck on this!
Four Rivers Layout Boats
Odessa, MO
http://www.fourriverslayoutboats.com
email: sales@fourriverslayoutboats.com
Phone: 816-694-4955
4riverman
DHC Sponsor

Postby OmegaRed » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh that's sweet. I have been wanting one of these something bad!
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:22 pm

The company that makes the. Is 5 miles from my house so there are a lot of them around this area. They are very stable, easy to paddle, and make a good layout boat for calmer water. For bigger water layout hunting the company makes a raised clip on shield. I am going to pick up one of the shell box holders and a shotgun rack system they have.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds