Bilge Remodel *Deck Finally On!*

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Bilge Remodel *Deck Finally On!*

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Here are a few pics of my progress on my bilge remodel. I just glued down some 1x2 PVC strips to act as attachment points for my batt and fuel tank hold Downs. The 5200 takes 7 days to fully cure so the batteries and cinderblocks are just there to provide clamping pressure. The battery weight wont change so they are on the port side to ballance driver weight. The fuel tank will be mounted on the centerline because the weight is variable. Depending on how I set up the rest of the bilge, I can carry up to 3 more 6 talon tanks increasing my range to well over 100 miles.

Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Re: Bilge Remodel Progress

Postby grizz18 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:58 pm

I like it Tman. Very nice, thought out work as usual.

I wish I had those electrical skills as well, I'd save myself a lot of time/$$ if I did!
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 pm

grizz18 wrote:I like it Tman. Very nice, thought out work as usual.

I wish I had those electrical skills as well, I'd save myself a lot of time/$$ if I did!

Thanks, grizz, but DC is easy, source, fuse, switch, load, ground....everything in between is zipties and wireloom. Now AC is a mystery to me...the ground isn't actually the ground, the neutral is, and the neutral carries current....***?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby grizz18 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 pm

T Man wrote:
grizz18 wrote:I like it Tman. Very nice, thought out work as usual.

Thanks, grizz, but DC is easy, source, fuse, switch, load, ground....everything in between is zipties and wireloom. Now AC is a mystery to me...the ground isn't actually the ground, the neutral is, and the neutral carries current....***?

everything after "Thanks grizz" was Chinese to me. haha

I'm an electrical idiot.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Now that is my type of work!!! A Delrin cutting board used to mount all the electrical. I love it! Don't forget to coat those exposed metal posts on the electrical with a rubberized coating. Prevent that corrosion.
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:25 pm

QuackerSmacker498 wrote:Now that is my type of work!!! A Delrin cutting board used to mount all the electrical. I love it! Don't forget to coat those exposed metal posts on the electrical with a rubberized coating. Prevent that corrosion.

All the exposed metal on the fuse panel will be coated with noalox. Just getting everything done and mocked up before it all comes out to do that.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:14 pm

A little update. After a week of cutting, sealing and painting, the back deck is almost done. I still need to put a coat of deck restore on it, but otherwise it is ready to roll. 3 coats of spar urethane, 3 coats of paint...should last me for a while. My battery tray came in today which was the last thing I was waiting for

ImageImage
T Man
Super Moderator

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds