Duck Hunting Forum banner

boat movement/speed problem

831 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  azlan 
#1 ·
hi guys, very useful information are being shared here on this forum, i am new to this forum and i am grateful to be here with experience guys.
i got 12' semi v hunting boat i and i put 15hp 84" long shaft on it but i got speed problem with it. my boat doesnt go upstream or you can say it stand still, second thing it lifts up the tail and pushes all the presuse on my hand. one thing i can share with you that i dont have any cavitation plate on my boat shaft though my transom hight is 18". other day we tried 5hp engnie on it with 5nd half feet shaft and it worked better thn 15hp. i will appreciate your help. regards

#2 ·
Posting some pictures would probably help, and we need some more information:

Is this an outboard or a mud motor/surface drive?

What RPM is your boat running at WOT?

When you say you put an "84" long shaft on it" how are you measuring that?

Who is the manufacturer of the motor

What is the prop pitch

It sounds to me like your motor shaft is too long causing too much drag, but answer those questions and post up a picture.

#3 ·
T man thanks for your prompt reply. i am using 7feet long direct shaft/thi style. i am measuring the shaft itselt but when you snuggled it into the hub thn it get 6 more inches. i got honda 15hp engine and it has got 3600 rpm. my boat is semi v type. i am using 2 blade 6" blade on it. if you use normal speed in slow water thn it works well but when you go upstream and put some speed on than it lift up the tail and pushes all the presure on my hands. today i tried suzuki 10hp OBM on it and it got on very well. as i mentioned earlier on that i dont have and cavitation plate on the shafte. i am sorry for the pics because the pics are too big and it cannot be uploaded here. i can email it to you if you want. any other experties from other members?.
regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.