Four Rivers EBADS - Updated Setup with Pics

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: Four Rivers EBADS - Updated Setup with Pics

Postby okie_duck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Took the boat out yesterday to see how it would run with a normal hunting load which included the following: 45 lb marine deep cycle battery, 44 decoys, shotgun and 6 gallons of fuel. GPS 24 mph at 1/3 throttle and it jumps up on plane in about 15 ft!!!

I am very pleased on how it preformed. Going to hunt it in the morning.
okie_duck
hunter

Postby ryanoutloud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 pm

okie_duck wrote:Took the boat out yesterday to see how it would run with a normal hunting load which included the following: 45 lb marine deep cycle battery, 44 decoys, shotgun and 6 gallons of fuel. GPS 24 mph at 1/3 throttle and it jumps up on plane in about 15 ft!!!

I am very pleased on how it preformed. Going to hunt it in the morning.

Dang son, I may have to get me one of those much sooner than anticipated!
ryanoutloud
hunter

Postby okie_duck » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm

1st hunt in the boat. Not a limit, but a dang good time!

image.jpg
image.jpg (64.21 KiB) Viewed 793 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (51.35 KiB) Viewed 793 times
okie_duck
hunter

Postby okie_duck » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 am

I am making a few changes to my setup this year. Overall I am pleased in how the EBADS and blind performed , but I think it could be better.

image.jpg
image.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 481 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (28.09 KiB) Viewed 481 times

First I am replacing the blind cover I made last year. The blind concealed the boat very well, but the major drawback is that it hangs up on everything. Several places I hunt are pretty brushy and the netting sticks to it like Velcro and rips easily. I am replacing it with one of the Four Rivers covers with the short doors in natural gear pattern. I installed the blind yesterday and it looks pretty good. I think I am going to like how the doors work much better than the tarp I was using.

image.jpg
image.jpg (39.21 KiB) Viewed 481 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 481 times

I also removed the lightbar since the boat sits so low to the water it reflected to much light back and was not very effective. I already bought a Gobee stanchion mount last year which worked much better since it elevates the light and puts it at the very front of the boat.

Additional modifications to make include making a cockpit cover to cover the big hole behind me when hunting and make a matching motor cover. The material and turn buttons for this project have been ordered.

Next comes a hydrofoil similar to the one I just added to my big boat. I noticed a significant improvement in planing and stability, so I am curious if it will do the same for the 15 hp Mariner.

image.jpg
image.jpg (41.6 KiB) Viewed 481 times

I am also looking to add a tiller extension so that I can move my weight a little forward and make driving a little more comfortable. Anyone have any suggestions on a 24" preferably aluminum extension with a kill switch relocated to the end of the extension?

Final things on the list include a tilt/trim unit from bobs machine, replacing the trailer bunks and adding side bunks to the trailer, mounting a ram mount for my gps, and ordering some raffia for the blind.
okie_duck
hunter

Four Rivers EBADS - Updated Setup with Pics

Postby Quackersmacker21 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:00 am

Sorry posted to wrong topic
Quackersmacker21
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:11 pm

I run the Attwoods gull-wing style hydrofoil on the 15HP Mariner & 9.8HP Tohatsu on both the ODC and BBSB. This style allows most of the hydrofoil to actually get up on top of the water when at full plane. I got 3-4 MPH improvement over the DoelFin (flat-style) that was on the Tohatsu originally.

BTW, those pics look a lot like Webbers? :wink:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby okie_duck » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:I run the Attwoods gull-wing style hydrofoil on the 15HP Mariner & 9.8HP Tohatsu on both the ODC and BBSB. This style allows most of the hydrofoil to actually get up on top of the water when at full plane. I got 3-4 MPH improvement over the DoelFin (flat-style) that was on the Tohatsu originally.

BTW, those pics look a lot like Webbers? :wink:

Thanks for the tip!

I just purchased the se 300 for my Merc 200 and I noticed a significant improvement in both planing and stability. In 25+ years of owning a boat I don't really know why I hadn't tried one sooner.

Good eye on the pics.
okie_duck
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds