Four Rivers EBADS - Updated Setup with Pics

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: Dogman, NCSUDucker

Re: Four Rivers EBADS - Updated Setup with Pics

Postby okie_duck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Took the boat out yesterday to see how it would run with a normal hunting load which included the following: 45 lb marine deep cycle battery, 44 decoys, shotgun and 6 gallons of fuel. GPS 24 mph at 1/3 throttle and it jumps up on plane in about 15 ft!!!

I am very pleased on how it preformed. Going to hunt it in the morning.
okie_duck
hunter

Postby ryanoutloud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 pm

okie_duck wrote:Took the boat out yesterday to see how it would run with a normal hunting load which included the following: 45 lb marine deep cycle battery, 44 decoys, shotgun and 6 gallons of fuel. GPS 24 mph at 1/3 throttle and it jumps up on plane in about 15 ft!!!

I am very pleased on how it preformed. Going to hunt it in the morning.

Dang son, I may have to get me one of those much sooner than anticipated!
ryanoutloud
hunter

Postby okie_duck » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm

1st hunt in the boat. Not a limit, but a dang good time!

image.jpg
image.jpg (64.21 KiB) Viewed 912 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (51.35 KiB) Viewed 912 times
okie_duck
hunter

Postby okie_duck » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 am

I am making a few changes to my setup this year. Overall I am pleased in how the EBADS and blind performed , but I think it could be better.

image.jpg
image.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 600 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (28.09 KiB) Viewed 600 times

First I am replacing the blind cover I made last year. The blind concealed the boat very well, but the major drawback is that it hangs up on everything. Several places I hunt are pretty brushy and the netting sticks to it like Velcro and rips easily. I am replacing it with one of the Four Rivers covers with the short doors in natural gear pattern. I installed the blind yesterday and it looks pretty good. I think I am going to like how the doors work much better than the tarp I was using.

image.jpg
image.jpg (39.21 KiB) Viewed 600 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 600 times

I also removed the lightbar since the boat sits so low to the water it reflected to much light back and was not very effective. I already bought a Gobee stanchion mount last year which worked much better since it elevates the light and puts it at the very front of the boat.

Additional modifications to make include making a cockpit cover to cover the big hole behind me when hunting and make a matching motor cover. The material and turn buttons for this project have been ordered.

Next comes a hydrofoil similar to the one I just added to my big boat. I noticed a significant improvement in planing and stability, so I am curious if it will do the same for the 15 hp Mariner.

image.jpg
image.jpg (41.6 KiB) Viewed 600 times

I am also looking to add a tiller extension so that I can move my weight a little forward and make driving a little more comfortable. Anyone have any suggestions on a 24" preferably aluminum extension with a kill switch relocated to the end of the extension?

Final things on the list include a tilt/trim unit from bobs machine, replacing the trailer bunks and adding side bunks to the trailer, mounting a ram mount for my gps, and ordering some raffia for the blind.
okie_duck
hunter

Four Rivers EBADS - Updated Setup with Pics

Postby Quackersmacker21 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:00 am

Sorry posted to wrong topic
Quackersmacker21
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:11 pm

I run the Attwoods gull-wing style hydrofoil on the 15HP Mariner & 9.8HP Tohatsu on both the ODC and BBSB. This style allows most of the hydrofoil to actually get up on top of the water when at full plane. I got 3-4 MPH improvement over the DoelFin (flat-style) that was on the Tohatsu originally.

BTW, those pics look a lot like Webbers? :wink:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby okie_duck » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:I run the Attwoods gull-wing style hydrofoil on the 15HP Mariner & 9.8HP Tohatsu on both the ODC and BBSB. This style allows most of the hydrofoil to actually get up on top of the water when at full plane. I got 3-4 MPH improvement over the DoelFin (flat-style) that was on the Tohatsu originally.

BTW, those pics look a lot like Webbers? :wink:

Thanks for the tip!

I just purchased the se 300 for my Merc 200 and I noticed a significant improvement in both planing and stability. In 25+ years of owning a boat I don't really know why I hadn't tried one sooner.

Good eye on the pics.
okie_duck
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds