wood boat build

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: wood boat build

Postby TaylorMann1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 am

My DH with a 25hp outboard runs 24 MPH loaded and planes very well. I did lay my transom back 15*, but I did not remove the rocker. I believe Brad Taylor was running a 21hp mudbuddy hyperdrive on his original build that still had the rocker. Not sure how fast it would run though. Were you planning on installing your battery up front?
TaylorMann1
hunter

Postby shsuhunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:22 am

i would like to. but im not sure if id be able to fit a 6gal tank and a battery in the front in the storage.. once i get the cockpit frame on i should have a better idea if i could put both up front
shsuhunter
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 pm

That's looking really good man! Your bulkheads look great, nice to see a quality boat coming together!
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby shsuhunter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:44 am

Pumpgunner wrote:That's looking really good man! Your bulkheads look great, nice to see a quality boat coming together!

Thanks Pumpgunner! it is coming along nicely i got all the braces shaped to how i want them and glued and screwed in place. now i have to turn it over and fill all the screw holes and then glass the bottom.
shsuhunter
hunter

Postby shsuhunter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Got a layer of fiberglass and the seams taped.
shsuhunter
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds