boat lights!!!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

boat lights!!!

Postby dbrown57 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Any body use the rigid d 2 lights. My buddy has one on his wheeler and its wicked bright. I was thinking about getting one but the problem is one is like 190 bucks. However the positive is the brightness and super low amp draw. Any suggestion's or comments? Any body know of any cheeper LED lights out there that are of decent quality?
PRO STAFF FOR CRITTER DONE GAME CALLS
dbrown57
hunter

Re: boat lights!!!

Postby roughneck1860 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 am

Yes i have two of the driving style rigid dually d2s on my boat, they are bad ass, they are pricey but i got my pair for $285 shipped.
Go to wcpdiesel.com find the lights and they got a negociate price button, they lights are listed 380 i offered 275 they came back and offered 285, best place ive found they unless you can grt a wholesaler discount
roughneck1860
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:39 pm

I have run Wally World 55watt halogens for 10 years on one boat, single 100watt on another. Changed the two 55 watts halogens to Silver Starr Blue 55 watt halogens a few years ago, and there was a noticeable increase in visibility.

Last week before the Middle Opener, I changed these to both 100 watt Halogens H-3 bulbs which were about $8 bucks each. Oh my what a huge change for the better :thumbsup: Cuts through the night, mine are spots, not flood lights.
Mine are mounted just under the bow to reduce glare and keep me from knocking them off when the bow hits docks or tree's ect.

These two 100 watts with the pair of 55 watt glass cat eye fog lights are perfect for me!
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:04 pm

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-worklights/

tons of different light bar/light options most of their stuff gets good reviews I'm thinking about getting this one for my boat I like the spot and flood light feature of it. Not a lot cheaper than the rigids but some and seem just as good.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo ... omerreview
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Look at www.seelite.com
They are a sponsor on here i think. I got a light bar from them a few weeks ago and im very impressed. I got the 20" bar double row with flood/spot light combo for $275.
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Tyler Radke » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:17 am

Has anyone used the burners brand led lights that Walmart sells? They are pretty cheap but they don't say if they are spot or flood or anything about them other than off road led lights.
Tyler Radke
hunter

Postby SOILhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 am

I had 4 of the duallys in the bumper of my last truck. 2 spots and 2 floods...they are bright SOBs but I think I bigger light bar would be better suited for the boat, especially with the price difference.
SOILhunter
hunter

Postby MAX4Utah » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 am

Just installed these. 2 12" Cree led bars. $140 for the pair shipped. They come out of China bit had them in less than a week. Way bright! Search them out on eBay.
Attachments
20131015_210850.jpeg
MAX4Utah
hunter

Postby Cantshootwell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Cantshootwell
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 am

What i got for $275

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:20 am

[quote="Duck Collector"]What i got for $275

Oh yes, I would knock that off with a limb, dock or my big boot. Nice tho.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby gogetthedogs » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Duck Collector wrote:What i got for $275

A winch on a boat??? You must be going places not meant to be reached by water?
I don't have a catchy phrase to put here!
gogetthedogs
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 am

gogetthedogs wrote:
Duck Collector wrote:What i got for $275

A winch on a boat??? You must be going places not meant to be reached by water?

Yea not as un common as you would think. Use it to pull the boat over levys that are to big to jump...or in my case off of levys or banks that i attempted to jump and didnt quite make lol :fingerhead:
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Jerkstring » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 am

A $59 Harbor Freight 1.5 ton winch has done me a lot favors when hung up on a log or a mud bar. Harbor Freight has some deals on lights at a reasonable price also.
Jerkstring
hunter

Postby EPbirddog » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:44 am

I just completely refurbished/remodeled my duckboat for this season. I used LED's entirely. I'm a BIG fan of them. However, when it came to deciding on what kind of light application for the front of the boat I was initially really taken by the LED light bars. They look slick. However, RIGID industries wants like $700 for a 20 inch light bar. I'm not saying in any way, shape, or form that they're not worth it. Although, I'll be the first to tell you that's a lot of bones and its just unfathomable for this guy. I looked at the Mud Buddy 5800 lumen light kit with remote option. I really liked them, but again, I couldn't justify dropping $470 for lights and the more I looked at them I didn't know how much I'd like the big bulky housing apparatus sticking off the front of my boat.

So, I searched this DHC forum and gleaned the information that led me to the decision to purchase a set off Ebay. I got a 24" Double row LED spot/flood combo light bar for $120. My thinking was if I get it and its junk well then I'm only out 120 bucks and then I'll get a better set next year when I'm in a better position to afford a higher quality light. When I received my light bar I was pretty impressed. I mounted them up and hardwired them and all my other lights in. To say the least they are BRIGHT! You can turn them on in broad daylight and you can't stand to look at them. I turned them on in my driveway at night and it looked like a crime scene was lit up. I can't imagine how bright they'll be in an pitch black, unobstructed lake this Saturday when season opens.

Just my .02 ~ I hope this helps somebody that is mulling over the same decision I was.

Jess Stucky
www.prairiefirepointers.com
"Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter"
EPbirddog
Newb

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds