Mud buddy motor problem

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Mud buddy motor problem

Postby Bandedbrothers » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:32 am

My buddy has a 23 hp sd mud buddy motor. We are having problens if it dying running once we give it full throttle and let it off it stalls out, the fuel filter only has 1/4 fuel in it which it should at least have half I believe. We are going to change the fuel lines, as park plug an air filter to see if tht helps. If you guys have any ideas please send them along. Or it could be a dirty card I think but not sure. Thanks guys
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Re: Mud buddy motor problem

Postby Gonegoosin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:00 pm

I purchased a 35hp SLT in March. We had minor fuel issues to begin with as well. We installed an electric fuel pump and have been fine since. My set up may different that your buddy's though as mine has the 12 gallon tank up under the nose of the boat. Best of luck.
Gonegoosin
hunter

Re: Mud buddy motor problem

Postby Bandedbrothers » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Well we fixed it. We changed the two spark plugs and we bought 10ft of 1/4 fuel line and changed all the fuel lines an he said it runs way better and now the fuel filter is filled up. So if anyone has a problem hopefully this thread helps
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds