Anyone have a Teal Chaser?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Anyone have a Teal Chaser?

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:35 pm

If, so can I get some detailed information and pictures?

Thanks Darryle

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Re: Anyone have a Teal Chaser?

Postby mudpack » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:20 pm

I am a teal chaser. Does that count?
mudpack
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Only if you were made by 4 Rivers.......... :lol:

I am wanting one of these boats, but I want to see some pictures of the hull and know how it tracks, stability and balance.
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 am

Have have not seen one, BUT from the pictures I can see its should be very stable. A very flat bottom that you can't shift you weight to the edge due to the top opening and it has side chines for secondary stability. On tracking the front is a slopped plow and they is only two shallow tracking lines I can make out. So the bottom and bow are fairly lacking in detail to supply much tracking at all.

Wait, I found a video, no tracking, look at that bow swing! It would be OK on a pond but kill you for a long paddle.

We use the Commander 120 kayaks if you need tracking and to paddle a long ways. The Ultimate line is just as good.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Cupped-n-Committed wrote:Wait, I found a video, no tracking, look at that bow swing! It would be OK on a pond but kill you for a long paddle.

Yep, I noticed that. Notice they wanted you to look at the depth of the paddles to illustrate how easy it was to paddle in 4" of water.

I like my Marsh Rat, it does the same swinging and it is a arm burner for very long paddles.

Thanks for the video, I guess with these type boats, there really isn't an advantage of one over the other as far as paddling goes.

Thanks Darryle
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:49 am

I understand the marsh boats are designed for flat muddy water, but they really could add pronounced bows and sterns like a canoe and it would add huge positives for tracking. I feel like I should start designing crafts because most of these boat companies just don't understand a "well rounded" craft for hull design. Between no bow and really wide you get stability only! You loose tracking plus the really wide hull makes it a barge with increased drag making it twice as hard to paddle.

Side to side movement robs you of forward momentum while paddling. I paddle kayaks and canoes and paddled a Aquapod one day and thought it was a floating brick. I said to myself "Why would anyone want to paddle one of these?" Its really just a hull for a motor or to be used as a floating blind, they are not designed as efficient paddle craft
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:58 am

Cupped-n-Committed wrote:I understand the marsh boats are designed for flat muddy water, but they really could add pronounced bows and sterns like a canoe and it would add huge positives for tracking. I feel like I should start designing crafts because most of these boat companies just don't understand a "well rounded" craft for hull design. Between no bow and really wide you get stability only! You loose tracking plus the really wide hull makes it a barge with increased drag making it twice as hard to paddle.

Side to side movement robs you of forward momentum while paddling. I paddle kayaks and canoes and paddled a Aquapod one day and thought it was a floating brick. I said to myself "Why would anyone want to paddle one of these?" Its really just a hull for a motor or to be used as a floating blind, they are not designed as efficient paddle craft

Amen to everything you said!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Put a rudder on it like the kayaks have.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds