Swamp Runner motor

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Swamp Runner motor

Postby radfordc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 pm

I recently bought a 13' fiberglass layout boat and wanted a small mud motor for it. I bought the Swamp Runner Mini Kit and put a LiFan 152F motor on it. The only issue I had with the kit was that my motor didn't fit the mounting holes on the kit motor mount and the bolts provided in the kit didn't fit the threads in my motor. I picked up the right bolts at Ace Hardware and drilled the mount to fit the motor. I haven't had a chance to put it in the water yet, but it runs good in the driveway.
Attachments
DUCK BOAT.JPG
SWAMP RUNNER.JPG
radfordc
hunter

Re: Swamp Runner motor

Postby shadowwalker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:33 pm

I've been running one of these on a 14ft aluminum boat for 2 season now with a 16hp motor. I love it. Its cheap, and I have had only one issue with the actual mud motor kit itself, and I've intentionally put it through its paces in the off season. I had something wrapped tight enough around the shaft that wouldn't let water in the bushing and it melted. I drilled 2 holes through the flange of the new bushing into the channels that take water in, and haven't had an issue yet (over a year). Even with a melted bushing, I was still able to get us home.

I've had a couple motor related issues, but they had nothing to do with the kit.
shadowwalker
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds