Four Rivers EBADS for Tidal Wetlands?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Four Rivers EBADS for Tidal Wetlands?

Postby K Williams » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 am

Would the Four Rivers E.B.A.D.S. layout boat be good for the tidal wetlands of Long Island, NY? Would it be able to handle the current with a 9.9hp motor? Thanks.
NRA Life Member, Delta Waterfowl member, Ducks Unlimited member
K Williams
hunter

Re: Four Rivers EBADS for Tidal Wetlands?

Postby coulterville33 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't know tidal water but I run a 9.9 outboard on my ebads and I'm running 23 mph at quarter throttle up current in the river. The river is a slow current but still there. I think it the boat would move well thru some good current.
coulterville33
hunter

Postby John Duck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm

To double your HP in a motor takes twice the weight and money. That boat weights a ton, at todays gas prices, figure it out.
John Duck
hunter

Postby threedogs » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 pm

John Duck wrote:To double your HP in a motor takes twice the weight and money. That boat weights a ton, at todays gas prices, figure it out.

WHAT does this have to do with anything he asked ? :huh:
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby duckland » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Don't forget to consider the weight of the boat in the equation. If you ever have to pull the boat on the shore because of low tide, you should consider a 13' layout boat like the refuge runner or the Momarsh DP. EBADS would be a good choice if your hunting spot is far.

I hunt tidal wetlands and I am very happy with my Momarsh DP .
duckland
hunter

Postby John Duck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 pm

threedogs wrote:
John Duck wrote:To double your HP in a motor takes twice the weight and money. That boat weights a ton, at todays gas prices, figure it out.

WHAT does this have to do with anything he asked ? :huh:

Well,
It's about main facts to consider when buying or building a duck boat. Often overlooked by other lesser considerations. Happy now?
John Duck
hunter

Postby John Duck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 pm

duckland wrote:Don't forget to consider the weight of the boat in the equation. If you ever have to pull the boat on the shore because of low tide, you should consider a 13' layout boat like the refuge runner or the Momarsh DP. EBADS would be a good choice if your hunting spot is far.

I hunt tidal wetlands and I am very happy with my Momarsh DP .

I agree, that Ebads weights a ton, they weight a lot because it is easy to manufacture. If you want to see a work of art in duck boats, look at a x-13 Sportspal.
John Duck
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds