Johnson Fuel Pump mystery part

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Johnson Fuel Pump mystery part

Postby Jfk1700 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 am

Hey guys,

Was doing some maintenance on my Johnson 15hp (J15RSUA) 2 stroke yesterday and, in the process of checking the fuel pump, a mystery part (to me anyway) fell on the ground. I can't find it in any of diagrams online, but I did notice that it was in the fuel pump repair kit...but not sure where it goes? Any help would be appreciated! It is a white plastic piece.
Attachments
Document1.jpg
Jfk1700
hunter

Re: Johnson Fuel Pump mystery part

Postby Boatman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 am

Looks like the check valve,I cant see it very well on your pic. Post the link so I can see it first hand.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Jdoug » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:40 am

I think it is the check valve. There should be a small spring that slides over it.
Jdoug
hunter

Postby Jfk1700 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks guys...I can't find any diagrams that show where the part needs to be (sorry, still new at this stuff). The link below shows the blowup for the fuel pump, I am assuming I need a blowup of item #1 to see where it needs to go? Anyone know where I can find that?

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johns ... =Fuel+Pump
Jfk1700
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds