Bobcat Boat Pirogues

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Bobcat Boat Pirogues

Postby woodie77 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:19 am

Does anyone own a bobcat boat pirogue or know someone that does???If you do or have some info for me it would be greatly appreciated...i am thinking about buying one when i get home from my tour of duty overseas...thanks again
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx


Postby DJH1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

I had one and sold it to a member on here. What do you want to know?
DJH1
hunter
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:08 pm
Location: MO

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 pm

Had one when I was younger, water moccasin and bobcat make some great pirogues.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
User avatar
Smackaduck
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6201
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana

Postby wspiller » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:05 pm

Good boat, very handy, glad I bought from a member on here,
wspiller
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Postby woodie77 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 pm

DJH1 wrote:I had one and sold it to a member on here. What do you want to know?

I was just wondering how they track, how sturdy they are, if they are worth the money. You know just the basics. Thanks
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx

Postby DJH1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:11 am

woodie77 wrote:
DJH1 wrote:I had one and sold it to a member on here. What do you want to know?

I was just wondering how they track, how sturdy they are, if they are worth the money. You know just the basics. Thanks


Bobcat's are definetely worth the money, as they're pretty reasonably priced. I didn't have mine long, but had no problems with it. Hunted with it a few times and it did fine. I bought mine used and it had some scuffs on the bottom, and the trim on the side had come off in one place, but it didn't leak.

The one I had was the smallest one they make, 10 footer I believe. It floated me (about 220 lbs) two dozen decoys and my shotgun and gear without a hitch.
DJH1
hunter
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:08 pm
Location: MO

Postby woodie77 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:44 am

DJH1 wrote:Bobcat's are definetely worth the money, as they're pretty reasonably priced. I didn't have mine long, but had no problems with it. Hunted with it a few times and it did fine. I bought mine used and it had some scuffs on the bottom, and the trim on the side had come off in one place, but it didn't leak.

The one I had was the smallest one they make, 10 footer I believe. It floated me (about 220 lbs) two dozen decoys and my shotgun and gear without a hitch.


Thanks for the info...I am currently looking at buying the BI which is one of there bigger models, made for 2 people...I think it will do a great job for me and one hunting buddy...once again thanks for the info...
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx

Postby Banshee35 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:08 pm

I have a 12 ' andmy closest huntin buddy has a 10'. They are great pirouges. They are lightin weight and very strong for what its worth. I have subjected mine to a pretty torturous life and have never had any leaks. Although, I have added an extra layer of fiberglass cloth to the bottom of mine. we also have trolling motors on both of them, and they hual ass! They are also very easy to paddle.
Banshee35
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Cotton Valley, Louisiana

Postby woodie77 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Banshee35 wrote:I have a 12 ' andmy closest huntin buddy has a 10'. They are great pirouges. They are lightin weight and very strong for what its worth. I have subjected mine to a pretty torturous life and have never had any leaks. Although, I have added an extra layer of fiberglass cloth to the bottom of mine. we also have trolling motors on both of them, and they hual ass! They are also very easy to paddle.

are they pretty stable as well?
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx

Postby Banshee35 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:18 pm

yeah they're pretty stable, as long as your seat isn't very high and you don't do alot of rocking. I can and have stood up and shot to my left and right out of mine with no problems.
Banshee35
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Cotton Valley, Louisiana

Postby woodie77 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:44 pm

thanks...i think i have made my mind up...i am going to get the BI and just have it upgraded to the 70# thrust trolling motor...then i will be able to get in to some of those tight spots i couldn't get into with my old boat...
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx


Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJCsurf and 30 guests