Duck Hunting Forum banner

Bobcat Boat Pirogues

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  woodie77 
#1 ·
Does anyone own a bobcat boat pirogue or know someone that does???If you do or have some info for me it would be greatly appreciated...i am thinking about buying one when i get home from my tour of duty overseas...thanks again

#6 ·
woodie77 said:
DJH1 said:
I had one and sold it to a member on here. What do you want to know?
I was just wondering how they track, how sturdy they are, if they are worth the money. You know just the basics. Thanks
Bobcat's are definetely worth the money, as they're pretty reasonably priced. I didn't have mine long, but had no problems with it. Hunted with it a few times and it did fine. I bought mine used and it had some scuffs on the bottom, and the trim on the side had come off in one place, but it didn't leak.

The one I had was the smallest one they make, 10 footer I believe. It floated me (about 220 lbs) two dozen decoys and my shotgun and gear without a hitch.

#7 ·
DJH1 said:
Bobcat's are definetely worth the money, as they're pretty reasonably priced. I didn't have mine long, but had no problems with it. Hunted with it a few times and it did fine. I bought mine used and it had some scuffs on the bottom, and the trim on the side had come off in one place, but it didn't leak.

The one I had was the smallest one they make, 10 footer I believe. It floated me (about 220 lbs) two dozen decoys and my shotgun and gear without a hitch.
Thanks for the info...I am currently looking at buying the BI which is one of there bigger models, made for 2 people...I think it will do a great job for me and one hunting buddy...once again thanks for the info...

#8 ·
I have a 12 ' andmy closest huntin buddy has a 10'. They are great pirouges. They are lightin weight and very strong for what its worth. I have subjected mine to a pretty torturous life and have never had any leaks. Although, I have added an extra layer of fiberglass cloth to the bottom of mine. we also have trolling motors on both of them, and they hual ass! They are also very easy to paddle.

#9 ·
Banshee35 said:
I have a 12 ' andmy closest huntin buddy has a 10'. They are great pirouges. They are lightin weight and very strong for what its worth. I have subjected mine to a pretty torturous life and have never had any leaks. Although, I have added an extra layer of fiberglass cloth to the bottom of mine. we also have trolling motors on both of them, and they hual ass! They are also very easy to paddle.
are they pretty stable as well?

#11 ·
thanks...i think i have made my mind up...i am going to get the BI and just have it upgraded to the 70# thrust trolling motor...then i will be able to get in to some of those tight spots i couldn't get into with my old boat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.