Duck Hunting Forum banner

duck blind you drive

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  portahunter 
#1 ·
did you here about hoverhunter? i saw it at the chicagoland out doors show. it"s awesome check it out at www.amhovercrafts.com :D

#2 ·
Looks pretty cool. In the video, it looks like he has a hard time controlling it after he drives off the trailer, (while on land). Control seemed better in the water, but I wanted to see him load it back up on the trailer. Definetly would be cool to drive one some time.

#3 ·
Looks cool but... have you ever heard one running up a river? Loud enough to wake the dead, I would be pissed if the next hunting party over was using one to retrieve downed birds all morning.

#5 ·
This thing looks real cool. A couple things comes to my mind instantly.

1. I doubt my dog would get on it, let alone stay on it with the noise level.
2. With no side walls stuff, including the dog or yourself, could easily fall out.
3. You would have to wear your life jacket at all times. With a good jon boat you only need it close by.
4. Looks like you would be wet by the spray before you ever get to your honey hole
5. I could'nt imagine picking up decoys with it.
6. Doesn't appear to have much storage room for guns, decoys sacks, cooler, extra life jackets, spot lights, machete, ammo, etc.
7. I wonder how it does going through or over reeds.
8. If you were to launch that thing in a gravel ramp (which I do a lot) you would be peppering everybodies trucks with stones and dirt from the prop wash.

Again, just thinking out loud.

Anyone have any experience with this that could answers these issues?

pat

#6 ·
3. You would have to wear your life jacket at all times. With a good jon boat you only need it close by.

Your making it sounds like a bad thing to wear it. they don't call them LIFE jacket for no reason . Hit your head on the way out of your boat and then repeat that #3

not smashing you down, i don't wear mine enough but accidents happen very easy and you can never predict the outcome of what MIGHT happen

#7 ·
Yeah, your right! I probably shoud have worded that better.

The point I was trying to make was that falling out of the hover air boat seems much more of a possibility than a jon with side walls.

I also wondered how they got it back up on the trailer. I don't think that thing has reverse.

Thanks for the reply

#8 ·
i know i wouldn't feel to safe going acorss a lake with 3 foot chops on that thing!!
especially on a cold day when the water on the floor freezes!!

be fun to drive around but not my #1 duck hunting rig

now the ice fishing one with the ice hut i would definetly love to own!!

#9 ·
Me either! It looked like as soon as they hit the water it sprayed up all over them. Imagine that on a nice brisk 30 degree morning, UGH!!

I agree, the practicality isn't there for duck hunting as far as I can see. Not only would I wear my life jacket all the time, I'd probably tie myself in somehow.

Catch ya later

:salude:

#10 ·
Am i going to be the only one to make the comment:

He just joined and his first post is a commercial?

I am all for new people, but, join to further the sport, not to make money off of us.

If I am wrong, I am sorry, but I doubt it.

Bubba

#11 ·
You know Bubba, I guess I must have missed the boat (no punn intended) on that one. :oops:

As I read his posting I got the impression that it was just something he saw at a show and thought it was cool and wanted to share.

If he's the one actually selling it I sure would agree with ya. I also don't think too many "experienced" duck hunters are going to find that thing practicle so they should be out of bussiness before too long. (Just me thinking out loud)

Have a great day.

pat

#12 ·
Two other forums I belong to have this happen all the time. People have something to sell, they join and their first post looks alot like this.

I am all for people making a living or making money off their hobby, I do. But, I contribute first, then list something useful for sale, and I give some portion back.

Bubba

#15 ·
You're right, I've seen a lot of air boats out there being used for duck hunting. This thing isn't just an airboat, it's a hover craft-air boat combo. I question it's ability to go through (over) the reeds like an "air boat" can.

But it does look like a fun toy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.