Carstens Duck Boats

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Carstens Duck Boats

Postby Bushog » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi!
I have been looking at these carstens duck boats and was wondering if anyone out there has ever owned or hunted out of one.I am looking at the canvasback model.I hunt mostly with my son and a boykin and was wondering if it would be to cramped.The lake I hunt on is fairly large and the wind can kick up a pretty good chop.Anything anyone could tell me about there experience with these boats would be greatly appreciated.
Bushog
hunter

Carstens Canvasback

Postby HOLYSTEEL » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 am

Well I can tell you its a great boat and we have had ours I think 4 seasons at least. We run 6.5 beavertails and we can go through it all. It is very stable... running a river with two guys , dog and dekes...You will get thrown out of the boat before it flips...it is a spoon belly that sits low in the water...As far as a chop I have been in 1-2 foot chop and its a wet ride...If I knew I was going to do that alot more I would most likely add a spray skirt to the bow of the boat....We are almost done modifying our motors with gokart racing parts and the boats should most likely do double time as far as speed is concerned... I need the weather to break to seatrial with the modified motor. Take Care MTE
Rock Skipp'n Divers
HOLYSTEEL
hunter

Postby Bushog » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Thanks for the reply!
Bushog
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds