New Boat Blind

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

New Boat Blind

Postby mdycrk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm going to be picking up a new Phowler in a couple weeks, and thinking about a blind for it. Wondering about some suggestions from you guys for one. 1856 boat. It's not something I'll be needing all the time I'm sure but would like to have one for when I do. My buddy has a shaggy blind on his boat which I really like, but don't know anything about them.
mdycrk
hunter

Re: New Boat Blind

Postby UpSouth811 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Get you some conduit and build one to fit your boat how u want it
UpSouth811
hunter

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Not bagging on the shaggy blind, but my friend has one on a pop up style setup. Says the material is only good for about two seasons. Then it starts to fall apart. His boat is garaged year round. I will say they look good.
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Postby mdycrk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm

QuackerSmacker498 wrote:Not bagging on the shaggy blind, but my friend has one on a pop up style setup. Says the material is only good for about two seasons. Then it starts to fall apart. His boat is garaged year round. I will say they look good.

Thanks. I've heard that about only a season or two other places but wasn't sure. You're right...they are good looking blinds.
mdycrk
hunter

Postby satguy1963 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:52 pm

I got my Phowler 1856 last year and put an Avery quickset on it. I am very satisfied with my blind selection. :thumbsup:
satguy1963
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:36 pm

When Paul finished my boat earlier this year at Phowler, I put an Avery quickset on it and I am glad that I did. I had my first Avery blind in hard use for 15 years and finally just wore it out using it so much. I expect better service from my new one and I am sure that I will get it. Avery blinds were developed by hunters for hunters and that says a lot more than some other blinds that have developed by "engineers" that have never spent a day in a duck boat.

Just as an aside, Phowler also does great camo paint work. You cannot beat their antiskid paint in a duck boat.

Good luck with your project.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby mdycrk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Riverrunner342 wrote:When Paul finished my boat earlier this year at Phowler, I put an Avery quickset on it and I am glad that I did. I had my first Avery blind in hard use for 15 years and finally just wore it out using it so much. I expect better service from my new one and I am sure that I will get it. Avery blinds were developed by hunters for hunters and that says a lot more than some other blinds that have developed by "engineers" that have never spent a day in a duck boat.

Just as an aside, Phowler also does great camo paint work. You cannot beat their antiskid paint in a duck boat.

Good luck with your project.

Great to hear. I got the extreme so it's camo'd completely and sprayed on the inside. I can't wait to pick it up!
mdycrk
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds