is this a good Idea?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

is this a good Idea?

Postby kms399 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:24 pm

I think I want to take the seats out of my boat and put in a false floor and gun boxes. I want to use pedistal seats as well. Is this going to be enough reinforcement for the boat? How would I go about doing this? and has anyone ever done this and do they have pictures they could post along with detailed instructions on how they did it.

my boat is a 16' deep v lund right now it just has the 3 bench seats.

thanks

ken
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:42 pm

if you take out the seats. you will need to have it reinforced by putting bracing in by a welder. i wouldnt recommend taking the seats out.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Long Grove labs » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:41 am

As long as you don't take out all the seats you have nothing to worry about. since you said you want to put in gun boxes, and that, that will put the strength back into it. You might want to think about leavein' the back bench in though. I've taken the seats out of 5 different boats, and have never had a problem.

Lance
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...Holy crap...what a ride!"
Long Grove labs
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds