Used Duck Hunting Boats

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Used Duck Hunting Boats

Postby mmrobinette » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am

Hey all

do you all know of a good website other than this one where used jon boats/duck boats are sold?
Thanks,
Michael

Waterfowl Widowmaker!
mmrobinette
hunter

Postby dc5 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:45 pm

Sorry, I don't know of any that exclusively sell only duck boats. Actually, if you search around on this site you will probably be able to find one that suits you. I have one for sale here:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=30404
If you were interested, I could meet you in St. Louis.
dc5
hunter

Re: Used Duck Hunting Boats

Postby Ducowti » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:44 pm

mmrobinette wrote:Hey all

do you all know of a good website other than this one where used jon boats/duck boats are sold?

Having searched since November for a duck boat of some sort (but also being on a severe budget which precludes powered rigs) I can tell you this, and similar, site's classifieds are your best bet.

Customized duck rigs are not terribly common and this focused arena is the best place. Depends of course if you're looking for a turnkey boat or you're willing to put some work into it.

I will say that if there are recreatable reservoirs anywhere near you, that's a good place to look for jonboats or someone who claims abandoned boats at auction and fixes, resells them. Other than that, your best bet for finding one to customize is drive slowly! When you see one in someone's yard, ask em about it.
Ducowti
hunter

Postby Ducxprt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:39 pm

if you are a member of DU you can get in the members only page and go to forums, there is a forum set up just for buying and selling between members, i have seen a boat or two on there before. must be a DU member to access this.
TALK EM INTO GIVING UP
Ducxprt
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 am

try Craig'sList.....do a search for your boat desired........for example, if I was looking for a TDB, I enter into Google CraigsList TDB....and I get all their regional listings that have a TDB.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Blindhog » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:44 am

You dont have to be a member to view the classifieds at Watefowler.com
Even a blind hog finds an acorn now 'n' then...
Blindhog
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 am

You best bet is to hit craigs list and newspapers and any other site that gives you internet access to their classifieds as far as your willing to drive. In the next month or two as it starts to warm a little guys as going to look for a new boat and the wife is going to say get rid of the other one and they will sell their old fishing boats. You will get better deals like this and you can build your own blind and customize it.

If you want a duck boat on a budget, you better start thinking fixer upper.

If your not on a budget, search here, the refuge forums, mud motor messages, and there is all kinds of local ones. Many guys ar te refuge forums only sell boats under the local classifed for the state forums. But boats already made into duck boats do not go cheap.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ShawnT » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:43 am

Another Forum: http://www.duckboats.net/ has a classified section. There are also a ton of members that build boats as well. Great site.
ShawnT
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds