Rhino line

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Rhino line

Postby bayouboy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:20 am

I camocladded my aluminum boat and it has tears from hunting in thick stuff. Before that i had spray painted it and it scratches off too. My question is has anyone rhino lined a boat? I think doing the inside of a boat would be good at the least.
bayouboy
hunter

Postby dhudson29 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:02 pm

do not rhino line your boat. You are wasting your money and it doesn't work very well. The only benifit that I found was it deadened the sound. When it gets wet it is slippery. My suggestion would be hydroturf.
Semper Fi
dhudson29
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:19 pm

What about the outside of the boat?
bayouboy
hunter

Postby CamoQuackAddict » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:54 pm

I haven't done it, thought about doing the bottom of the boat, but my only concern is how heavy it is. it may be a real weight addition to your boat.

another thought i had - you could get it in tan or hunter green and spraypaint camo on top of that - it would be pretty cool.
Team Quack Attack
CamoQuackAddict
hunter

Postby goose_boy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Wouldn't do it. It will be textured somewhat which will slow your boat, and make it harder to slide over things. The added weight will slow you down too. If you really want a tough paint job, go talk to a local body shop. Have them spray it with an epoxy, like PPG DP40. When cured that stuff will be bulletproof, and it has amazing adhesion to a properly prepped surface.
goose_boy
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:15 pm

I have the inside done and love it! They can adjust the texture to your liking. I know of numerous people that have done the bottom for fishing over oyster beds. It works fine just get them to paint it smooth with no texture.
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

I had it done

Postby SGM-DKHNTR » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:00 am

I did it last year to my entire 17 Ft boat, inside and out (except the bottom). I like it alot.

It wasn't Rhino. It was another product but I don't recall the name.

It cleans up easier, it doesn't scratch easily, it's not slippery when wet and it just down right looks better. I had them do it in OD Green and I came along with the spray paint and stencils. Came out nice.

The down side is it cost me about 900 bucks. OUCH!

L8TR
"I see dead birds flying"
SGM-DKHNTR
hunter

Postby BLACKHEAD » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 am

A guy I know srays trucks. He has srayed alot of aluminum boats tan(inside) with some stuff simalar to line-x. It is alot better than the rino stuff. It looks good and holds up good and does not ad alot of weight. I had my privateer done, but because it is a fiberglass boat it is trying to come up in some spots. You should no problem with a aluminum boat.
BLACKHEAD
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds