MoMarsh Fatboy

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

MoMarsh Fatboy

Postby greenheadguy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:38 am

:help: Anybody out there have a momarsh fatboy, if so is it worth the price. Also is it pretty stable and easy to carry?
Thanks,
Hunter V
greenheadguy
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:31 pm

I do not have one, but have talked to several folks that do use them. The concenus is that they are the best boat for shallow water marsh hunting and are worth every penny. There are even a couple of guys that have owned several similar types of boats over the last 20 years and have sold off everything but the Fat boy and the DP.

As to the easy to carry part, that will depend on you. If you can't haul 80 pounds around right now really easily then no manufactured boat will be easy to carry for you. the Fat boy drags through grass well with its pointed bow.

However, other folks absolutly love the four rivers boats.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby jmatura » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:20 am

I have owned the Four Rivers, Fatboy, and the Fatboy DP. Then I started making my own boats and sold the factory jobs.

I would get the Four Rivers 11' or 13'. The fatboy is really narrow in the back to point of that space being unuseable. The DP was not designed to have a outboard on it hence the after thought bolt on transom. My DP was not very stable when under power with a 2hp outboard. I actually flipped it just because I turned to sharp. Same motor and same manuever on a Four Rivers 13' and no flipping.....

Jeff Matura
www.takeem.com
jmatura
DHC Sponsor

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds