Spray in liner for inside of boat?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Spray in liner for inside of boat?

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm fixing up an 18 foot grizzly tracker and I replaced the wood floor with an aluminum one. I was thinking about putting something gritty to where I wouldn't slip on the smooth surface. Has anyone ever put a spray in liner in the boat or is there some cheaper ways of accomplishing the same thing. Any comments will help.....we'll maybe not all of them :thumbsup:
Gig 'Em
Adam
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Re: Spray in liner for inside of boat?

Postby :-) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:17 pm

I had Line-X sprayed in my boat...$650.00, and it lasted for a long time. You would think its hot as he!!, but it's actually cooler than the bare aluminum.

Not sure what it's called, but that cork material looks pretty good also.
:-)
hunter

Postby Percy86 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:25 am

I redid my boat a few years ago and kept it for 2 years, never had any issues out of it. Check out grizzly grip, the sell course and fine grit bed liners. They also have a range of colors. You can roll it or spray it. To spray I recommend a texture sprayer (what is used for ceiling texture). I had the air compressor and bought the sprayer for $20. I had less than $200 in the whole thing. Back then they did not have an OD green, but they carry it now.

Best of luck.
Percy86
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:15 am

I've done several now, and also know of several done and they've always been great.

Go to autozone, or some of those places and get Herculiner. The roll on kits. 1 gallon will do the entire inside of a 1752 boat. It will cost around $100.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Sounds great grizz18, thanks :thumbsup:
Gig 'Em
Adam
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Pintail-Peeler wrote:Sounds great grizz18, thanks :thumbsup:

Another tid bit..

Prep is big. Clean the inside well, vacuum out, scuff the aluminums just a tad, then wipe down with acetone. MIx the gallon really well. It takes some serious shaking and stirring but if you don't all the "grip" will be at the bottom of the gallon.

I like to apply the first coat evenly, but thin. On the second coat I will really put it on thick, mainly on the areas that I want the most grip (front deck, rear deck, floor).

The roll on kits are really easy though, good luck with it!
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:01 pm

grizz18 wrote:I've done several now, and also know of several done and they've always been great.

Go to autozone, or some of those places and get Herculiner. The roll on kits. 1 gallon will do the entire inside of a 1752 boat. It will cost around $100.

I put this on the bottom of my boat to seal it a couple years ago.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Tuff Coat - good stuff
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds