Nucanoe Frontier

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Nucanoe Frontier

Postby berudd » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Does anyone have experience with the Nucanoe Frontier? I am looking for a paddle-able boat in the canoe or kayak variety for getting down some creeks on public land. We have a few spots that would be bit of a long walk so I am hoping I can use this to get away from the crowds a bit. I'm looking to be able to carry two guys and a dog in to a spot. Most likely I'll be able to get out and stand on arrival but might consider sitting in the boat with a blind. I have considered your basic canoe but don't know if it would be as easy to get the dog in and out of.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this topic?
berudd
hunter

Re: Nucanoe Frontier

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:05 pm

I have not paddled one, but I know a lot of the guys fishing with them love them. I have heard a few complain about the seat tracks breaking, but only a couple. I am pretty sure its going to be much more stable than a canoe.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trout&Duck » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:34 pm

My Dad uses one, and the Dog can get in and out pretty easily, but its the 12' and it would be tight for two guys, their gear, and a dog. Its also heavy enough to make it difficult for one guy to carry, and load onto a roof rack. It's really wide and stable, he can stand and shoot out of it. I'm sure you could fit two guys in it and a dog if you got a Decoy sled to tow your stuff in. I don't know about the blind though because they redesigned it.
Trout&Duck
hunter

Postby handyandy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I've been really looking at them to they look awesome. I love the versitility of them being able to take one person or two easily, they paddle easy, and look super stable. From all the videos on youtube I've watched of people testing the stability they look to be more stable than a small 12ft jon boat. I think two people and dog would fit ok in the 12ft model but not gear too. I agree you would probably have to tow your gear behind you in a sled, but it would be doable. I plan on buying one when I can finally bring myself to drop the coin on one. I love that they are great for one or two people just paddling around, fishing, or hunting, they paddle great, are stable, and work great with a trolling motor too. When I get on I plan on making a blind for it to layout hunt in it.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds