Nickels Layout Boat

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Nickels Layout Boat

Postby Baher20018 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Has anyone used a Nickels layout boat that could give me a review?

They are local here in Michigan and was looking into getting a layout for Diver ducks.

Here is a link to their site.
http://nickelsboats.com/duck-boats-ezp-12.html
Baher20018
hunter

Re: Nickels Layout Boat

Postby Nelliboy2 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I've never used them but from the pictures they have a pretty bad profile. I think they would stick out pretty bad . The more rounded off the boat is the more it blends in. I'd consider some of the other more popular brands myself. Something to keep in mind is how rough of water you will be hunting as well as how big of people will be using it.

I'm under the philosophy that low profile is key, even more so in calmer more pressured areas. However it is a catch 22 because the big the foot print is the more you will stick out but the more stable the boat will be. Decided on the type of water and then decide on the layout that will best fit your needs. PM me if you have more specific questions.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds