Banded Axe Combo Boat Blind

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Banded Axe Combo Boat Blind

Postby RollTideWingShooter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 pm

I built a blind out of PVC last year for my 14' Polar Kraft (pics included) and it works great but from constant use its getting worn out. I'm considering buying a Banded Axe Combo Boat Blind for this season and was seeing if anyone is using or have used one and their thoughts on it. Pros/Cons etc...

I've included pics of the blind (without material because that's how I will be buying it and adding my own as they want $200 more dollars for their material and I can do it cheaper than that.)

I've also included two pictures of the blind with the material they offer to give you an idea of how it looks with material on it.

Thanks for the input.

Roll Tide!
Attachments
banded 2.png
Banded blind with material (2)
banded 2.png (91.06 KiB) Viewed 661 times
banded 1.png
Banded blind with material (1)
banded 1.png (100.51 KiB) Viewed 661 times
banded.jpg
Banded blind the way I will be purchasing it
banded.jpg (9.91 KiB) Viewed 661 times
photo 4.JPG
PVC Blind
photo 2 (1).JPG
PVC Blind
"At some places they play football, At Alabama We Live It!"
Roll Tide!
RollTideWingShooter
hunter

Re: Banded Axe Combo Boat Blind

Postby gahunter706 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:01 pm

If you are going to buy a pre-made blind, I would go with the avery quick-set. I have one on my boat and it works great. Although if the boat didn't already have the avery blind on it when I bought it, I would have went with a home-made conduit blind.
gahunter706
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 am

gahunter706 wrote:If you are going to buy a pre-made blind, I would go with the avery quick-set. I have one on my boat and it works great. Although if the boat didn't already have the avery blind on it when I bought it, I would have went with a home-made conduit blind.

X2. PVC is a poor choice for blind material

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby canderso » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:08 am

Banded has some really good videos showing the assembly and setup process for that blind. I had watched the video out of curiosity to see how their product worked. I don't know if I am a fan of how their roof works. I haven't used it and haven't played with one, but based on the videos I see several negatives to how it functions.

I had an Avery blind on my boat when I fist bought it. It was the older style and Avery has made many changes since. I believe the changes were for the better. If you are comfortable building a blind and comfortable doing the material on the Banded blind yourself, I cannot see why you wouldn't be comfortable bending your own out of 3/4" EMT conduit. Ultimately I got rid of the Avery blind and built a homemade conduit blind to fit my boat. It fits my boat to a T. Much lower profile, because that is what I was after. Not only better profile, but lighter weight and faster setup too.

Take some time and scroll through the "show me your boat" sticky at the top of this forum. You will see all kinds of builds and blinds for different areas. There are so many ideas that you can learn from to build your own and end up saving more than $200.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds