Valvoline oil is CRAP!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Valvoline oil is CRAP!

Postby handyandy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:29 pm

valvoline two stroke oil is crap or at least the stuff I have thats in a blue bottle that claims to be tcw3 two stroke oil. It won't run through my 2002 40hp nissan worth a crap. Had to suck it out of the oil tank and went back to using the cheap wal mart super tech stuff that I have never had a problem with. Now I know why the valvoline crap was free. My engine couldn't idle and putt around worth a crap when it's running cooler cause the oil just doesn't burn worth a crap. At WOT it's alright but trying just putt around and getting to WOT is hard. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue or not valvoline oil. I pulled the plugs and there was wet oil residue on them the stuff just doesn't burn worth a crap. Had a buddy try it in his two stroke dirt bike as well same thing. So I'm staying away from valvoline.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Re: Valvoline oil is CRAP!

Postby threedogs » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 pm

It's your engine. Valvoline works great for me.
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:08 pm

x2

I would suspect a bad ratio long before I would condemn a 2 stroke oil for the problems you claim.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Valvoline works great for me, I run it in multiple different vehicles and lots of different types of fluids.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:09 am

never had a issue with it for motor oil but the two stroke stuff of theres I had didn't run worth a crap same happened in a two stroke dirt bike mixed it the same for that as usual ran fine for a little bit then began to run like crap. Maybe you guys had a different kind of valvoline but the stuff I had sucked. Went back to the cheap wal mart stuff runs fine. All I know is I won't use their two stroke oil anymore. Maybe I had a different kind then you guys idk. All I know is it ran like crap in two different two stroke engines that ran fine with other oils.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 am

T Man wrote:I would suspect a bad ratio long before I would condemn a 2 stroke oil for the problems you claim.

^ This. :wink:

Never have known the brand of oil to be the cause of an engine running poorly. I have a lot of faith in Valvoline; been using it since the early sixties.
mudpack
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 am

Normally I would blame myself or the engine but being the engine is automixing and ran fine after I sucked out the valvoline from the oil tank and went back to my normal oil it ran fine. Same thing with the dirt bike mixed it to the same ratio as normal ran like crap with the valvoline but fine once I drained the valvoline mixed gas and went back to the usual stuff. Idk I'm not particular on a brand of oil never had a issue with any valvoline oils till now.

handyandy
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am

handyandy wrote:Normally I would blame myself or the engine but being the engine is automixing and ran fine after I sucked out the valvoline from the oil tank and went back to my normal oil it ran fine. Same thing with the dirt bike mixed it to the same ratio as normal ran like crap with the valvoline but fine once I drained the valvoline mixed gas and went back to the usual stuff. Idk I'm not particular on a brand of oil never had a issue with any valvoline oils till now.

Try contacting Valvoline. May have a bad batch
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby handyandy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:24 am

maybe idk I guess its probably worth at lest emailing them

handyandy
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:54 am

handyandy wrote:Normally I would blame myself or the engine but being the engine is automixing and ran fine after I sucked out the valvoline from the oil tank and went back to my normal oil it ran fine. Same thing with the dirt bike mixed it to the same ratio as normal ran like crap with the valvoline but fine once I drained the valvoline mixed gas and went back to the usual stuff. Idk I'm not particular on a brand of oil never had a issue with any valvoline oils till now.

Very odd :huh:
Sounds like you have an oil injected engine, not a pre mix 2 stroke?

What's the possibly of you put four stroke oil in the two stroke reservoir ?
That's what it sounds like to me, a bad batch of oil is a very very long shot.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby handyandy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:00 am

yes it is a oil injected two strok meaning I don't mix it. It was two stroke oil TCW3 two stroke oil bad batch is a long shot I know. Didn't think two strok oil could really go bad unless it was sitting a really long time, but maybe that was case I'm not sure.

handyandy
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:03 am

handyandy wrote:yes it is a oil injected two strok meaning I don't mix it. It was two stroke oil TCW3 two stroke oil bad batch is a long shot I know. Didn't think two strok oil could really go bad unless it was sitting a really long time, but maybe that was case I'm not sure.

depends. the self life of oil is 2-5 years depending on where and how its stored.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby Chessyboy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 am

Amsoil HP injector for 2 stroke outboards. Check out all the products they have. I also run Amsoil 10w40 Marine in another.
Chessyboy
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds