dumb question

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

dumb question

Postby Rhett3454 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:46 pm

im very interested in building a mud motor for the upcoming season and i have zero experience in building small engine motors. im trying to figure out some of the best/most trusted frame kits available. im thinking the motor will be in the 7.5-10hp range and the boat will either be a ebads or canvasback. any help would be great gentlemen.
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Re: dumb question

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Rhett3454 wrote:im very interested in building a mud motor for the upcoming season and i have zero experience in building small engine motors. im trying to figure out some of the best/most trusted frame kits available. im thinking the motor will be in the 7.5-10hp range and the boat will either be a ebads or canvasback. any help would be great gentlemen.

Swamp runner has a good track record for long-tail kits. Comes with everything you need depending on the size of boat you plan to use. All you have to do is just buy an engine to slap on it.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:06 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Rhett3454 wrote:im very interested in building a mud motor for the upcoming season and i have zero experience in building small engine motors. im trying to figure out some of the best/most trusted frame kits available. im thinking the motor will be in the 7.5-10hp range and the boat will either be a ebads or canvasback. any help would be great gentlemen.

Swamp runner has a good track record for long-tail kits. Comes with everything you need depending on the size of boat you plan to use. All you have to do is just buy an engine to slap on it.
I have the 6.5 hp predator motor swamp runner kit . It's a breeze to put together and I did it at a cost of 560 . Had the motor since Aug and have been very happy with it . :thumbsup:
dogyak
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:13 pm

thanks guys, i have heard of swamp runner but never actually been on the site. i'm going to have to take a run down to ocala now to take a look at the ebads and widgeon, nice snook by the way
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Rhett3454 wrote:thanks guys, i have heard of swamp runner but never actually been on the site. i'm going to have to take a run down to ocala now to take a look at the ebads and widgeon, nice snook by the way
Didn't know there was a dealer for the ebads in Ocala Florida . Who's the dealer .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:16 am

dogyak wrote:
Rhett3454 wrote:thanks guys, i have heard of swamp runner but never actually been on the site. i'm going to have to take a run down to ocala now to take a look at the ebads and widgeon, nice snook by the way
Didn't know there was a dealer for the ebads in Ocala Florida . Who's the dealer .

Don Lewis, they have his number on the site as well.
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds