Okay so I think I finally figured out what I am going to do. I love my super 16 gheenoe carries a suzuki 40 horse 4 stroke on the back, 38 mph. My little rocket ship. Now I actually have the cash for a mud motor. I want to get back into hard to reach spots and I am thinking of a long tail now for my gheenoe. If this is possible I can save a lot of cash by switching the motors out during hunting and fishing season and I really do not have the room for two boats. I do a lot of redfishing in mosquito lagoon here in FL during spring and summer. I am planning on finding deer spots for bow season with this LT set up and then follow through to the end of duck season.
Now my questions.
- Go-Devil LT best bang for the buck I hear a lot of good things
- Will the bolt (clamp) pattern interferer with my outboard bold pattern?
- Should I go with a 23 or 35 horse? This is a very large gheenoe and max outboard rated for 40 horse. http://www.gheenoe.net/sixteenft.html
- If I do this how do you actually mount these LT motors to the boat? I don't know if just tightening the brackets down would be a good thing.
- Speed is not my concern and this is not a setup for joy riding its going to be a hunting work horse with the LT, any reason for me to buy a SD motor instead? I like the idea of being able to go anywhere. Not planning on doing stumps with a fiberglass boat.
Go-Devil LT owners your help is needed.