Mud Motors and Mud Boats

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Mud Motors and Mud Boats

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:04 pm

A wonderful write up on mud motors by a guy that bleeds them!!!

https://www.marshmutt.com/kyle-sheridan ... ud-motors/
www.marshmutt.com "Keeping the Steel Flying and the Dogs Retrieving"
A Duck Hunting Chat Sponsor
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Re: Mud Motors and Mud Boats

Postby radfordc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:24 pm

***?

A two paragraph sales pitch?
radfordc
hunter

Postby lattehead » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Last edited by lattehead on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lattehead
hunter

Postby h.kizzle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:07 pm

That was nowhere near wonderful.
h.kizzle
hunter

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank you for taking the time to read it! Much appreciated!
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby pwhnts5 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am

I noticed he did not mention running the GT reverse in thick mud, cause it can't!!! The PD will pull out of the thick mud just as well if not better then the GT and it can also do it in reverse!!

PW
Illowa Marine - Illowa Pro-Drive
Phowler Boat Company
Best Hull Warranty in the Bussiness
http://www.larrysillowamarine.com
http://www.phowlerboatcompany.com
email: larrys-prodrive@mchsi.com

Clinton, Iowa 52732 Ph: 563-242-8969
pwhnts5
DHC Sponsor

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:07 pm

lol that's great man!
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby dog walker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 pm

pwhnts5 wrote:I noticed he did not mention running the GT reverse in thick mud, cause it can't!!! The PD will pull out of the thick mud just as well if not better then the GT and it can also do it in reverse!!

PW

Video proof of pro drives dominating in thick mud!

http://youtu.be/na5hoO_L7Tg
dog walker
hunter

Postby pintaildrake09 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 pm

well im not hard to find...and ill put my motor against anyone on here :welcome:
pintaildrake09
hunter

Postby :-) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Only thing missin from that video was the longtail that eased past everyone. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)
hunter

Postby pintaildrake09 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 pm

longtails will eat through there to..i just rather get there and out faster..they to slow for me and dont carry loads well..only reason i quit running them. i had them for crawfishing
pintaildrake09
hunter

Postby :-) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:36 pm

pintaildrake09 wrote:longtails will eat through there to..i just rather get there and out faster..they to slow for me and dont carry loads well..only reason i quit running them. i had them for crawfishing

I ordered a SLT a couple weeks ago...not much information about them on the web, but I'm hoping it's the best of both worlds.

If it's not I sure did waste a lot of money on a longtail.

hunter

Postby pintaildrake09 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 pm

:-) wrote:
pintaildrake09 wrote:longtails will eat through there to..i just rather get there and out faster..they to slow for me and dont carry loads well..only reason i quit running them. i had them for crawfishing

I ordered a SLT a couple weeks ago...not much information about them on the web, but I'm hoping it's the best of both worlds.

If it's not I sure did waste a lot of money on a longtail.

nice im not a fan of mud buddy due to their customer service, one person they'll treat like gold, another like crap. Hope it runs good for you though, i've heard they're fast for longtails for sure.
pintaildrake09
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:59 am

Well when you get that super long tail be sure to take some pics and video of it running would be nice to see how it performs.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 am

It would be nice if it would get here...last word was they were going to put it together this past week.

hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:55 am

Most all motors have good and bad points that help separate one motor from another. The thing about a ProDrive is that it will in most cases get you where you are going in bad conditions (weeds, cattails, lillypads, mud) very fast. If you get stuck in any these bad conditions, only the full power reverse has the ability to give you as much power in reverse as you get in forward.

Based on my use of my ProDrive versus the others, I will always take the PD.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:04 pm

dog walker wrote:
pwhnts5 wrote:I noticed he did not mention running the GT reverse in thick mud, cause it can't!!! The PD will pull out of the thick mud just as well if not better then the GT and it can also do it in reverse!!

PW

Video proof of pro drives dominating in thick mud!

http://youtu.be/na5hoO_L7Tg

Ok so if i was watching the same video, the two PD's I saw were struggling, while the guy who was filming, who was running a GT, was able to pull right out..
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:40 pm

You guys realize that this site wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for the sponsors like Muddytwelveguage? If the man wants to post a short write up I say go for it. He is almost weekly posting discount codes and sales from his site. How many other sponsors do that?

Maybe next time instead of making snide remarks you should thank the man for his contributions to this site.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:53 pm

t_baker wrote:You guys realize that this site wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for the sponsors like Muddytwelveguage? If the man wants to post a short write up I say go for it. He is almost weekly posting discount codes and sales from his site. How many other sponsors do that?

Maybe next time instead of making snide remarks you should thank the man for his contributions to this site.

Agreed
:clapping:
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby h.kizzle » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Sponsoring the site should not be free pass to call a bad review wonderful. It was a poor write up at best. To thank a guy for that body of work would be laughable and encourage more of the same.
h.kizzle
hunter

Mud Motors and Mud Boats

Postby t_baker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:08 pm

h.kizzle wrote:Sponsoring the site should not be free pass to call a bad review wonderful. It was a poor write up at best. To thank a guy for that body of work would be laughable and encourage more of the same.

If you didn't like it then don't waste the mans time by beating it down. No one said its a free pass but as I said, this site would not be here if not for our sponsors. It was a short write up that was opinion based. We all know that. But how many times have you read such articles? That article may have done nothing more than entice a person to further research on a particular motor they were looking for.

Along with that, it's marketing. He posted a link to his site that may or may not generated him some sales. He was able to post in other parts of the forum by posting such things rather than just posting in the gear forum or honey hole. Some people would find this helpful if they are able to stumble across an item they have been looking for. By being a sponsor he is entitled to such things. I'd post short write ups all day long if they generated me money.
t_baker
hunter

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Guys,

It's no sweat. In honesty I enjoyed the write up, and I understand some won't agree with me. That just happens.

Thanks again for reading it guys!
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby t_baker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 pm

MuddyTwelveGauge wrote:Guys,

It's no sweat. In honesty I enjoyed the write up, and I understand some won't agree with me. That just happens.

Thanks again for reading it guys!

Thank you for posting it. I look forward to reading more in the future.
t_baker
hunter

Postby TnDude85 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 pm

t_baker wrote:
h.kizzle wrote:Sponsoring the site should not be free pass to call a bad review wonderful. It was a poor write up at best. To thank a guy for that body of work would be laughable and encourage more of the same.

If you didn't like it then don't waste the mans time by beating it down. No one said its a free pass but as I said, this site would not be here if not for our sponsors. It was a short write up that was opinion based. We all know that. But how many times have you read such articles? That article may have done nothing more than entice a person to further research on a particular motor they were looking for.

Along with that, it's marketing. He posted a link to his site that may or may not generated him some sales. He was able to post in other parts of the forum by posting such things rather than just posting in the gear forum or honey hole. Some people would find this helpful if they are able to stumble across an item they have been looking for. By being a sponsor he is entitled to such things. I'd post short write ups all day long if they generated me money.

Agreed
TnDude85
hunter

Postby h.kizzle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 am

I went back and read it again, it still wasn't good. I'm not saying that as a sponsor you shouldn't benefit via some advertising, but to put a label of "wonderful" on that short write-up is mislabelling at its finest. If it were a true review of motors, meant to inform the uninformed, it should have started with an explanation of the two main styles of motors that are used, longtail and surface drive and perhaps a bit of a timeline of the evolution of mud motors in the US. Then he should have covered the advantages and disadvantages of each style of motor. Include a portion explaining the pairing of motors and hulls, you know, how many HP to throw on what sized hull. Follow that up with a brief breakdown of the differences in features offered by the top manufacturers, not just Pro-Drive and Gator Tail. If it's a review, it should also avoid showing bias towards any one brand. If he included those things or at least most of them in his piece, it would probably fit the bill as wonderful. As it is, it reads like something off the opinion page in the local newspaper. I mean no offense to the OP, and its too bad you guys defending him couldn't give him the constructive criticism to help him write a better piece. That would probably benefit him and his website greatly. What I read when I clicked on the link didn't make me want to explore what he has to offer on his page. Hell, I may consider becoming a sponsor in the near future as well. If I choose to do so, I will follow my own advice as well. I wish nothing but the best of luck to marshmutt.com. Might wanna consider some assistance with writing articles is all.
h.kizzle
hunter

Next

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds