Stump Jumper

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Stump Jumper

Postby OneShotWillie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Im looking into buying a Stump Jumper for my 14 ft just wanted to know if anyone had one and what they thought about the motor.
Meesage to all Ducks:

You can fly as fast as you want but youll only die tired.
OneShotWillie
Newb

Re: Stump Jumper

Postby coulterville33 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:44 am

Great motor ran mine for a season with no issues
coulterville33
hunter

Postby BDK » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:14 pm

They are nice I also like ppf woody . I have one work great.

BDK
BDK
hunter

Postby Lastflight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:34 am

I've run one for a couple years now on both a 1436 jon and a Kara Hummer layout boat. Overall, no complaints. Well built and the Subaru motor has always ran well.
Lastflight
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:06 am

idk how stump jumpers are but I can say those subaru engines are tough and run well and a long time. My friend and I got a old power washer with 6-8hp subaru on it pretty sure the same stump jumper uses. It had been sitting outside my neighbors garage for who knows how long. The pump was cracked on the washer so we pulled the motor off to use on a go kart frame we had cobbled together from three scrap ones. All we did was pull the gas tank and carb cleaned both reasealed the tank put it back together and it fired right up and runs great to this day. It make pretty good power compared to another 5hp briggs go cart that is much more well built than the scrap kart the scrap kart kicks its ass. I have no idea how old that subaru is or how many hours it has I'm sure a lot. My neighbor said he put that washer out there after the pump quit working after a few years. I was and still am amazed how well that little subaru runs especially after being outside and getting water in the tank and rusting it some.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby Fowl Behavior Outdoors » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Stump jumper is a solid motor
Fowl Behavior Outdoors
hunter

Postby Robrides03 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Ya I've got a stumpjumper and with a light load it goes really well. I run mine on an old sears v-hull. Prop lasted a real long time as well. Have had it for 2 years. The twist throttle is garbage. I put a BPS throttle on mine.
Robrides03
Newb

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds