New boat,need ideas

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

New boat,need ideas

Postby labman63 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:25 am

I just bought a 18/70 Crestliner that is tan in color. I really don't think or want to change the base color. I want to use a marsh grass stencil and I'm trying to decide what color. Thinking green with a black shadow. Any ideas?
labman63
hunter

Re: New boat,need ideas

Postby mudpack » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:52 am

labman63 wrote:I just bought a 18/70 Crestliner that is tan in color. I really don't think or want to change the base color. I want to use a marsh grass stencil and I'm trying to decide what color. Thinking green with a black shadow. Any ideas?

Here's how I look at camo colors:
What color is the vegetation where you hunt and when you hunt? Most waterfowl hunters are hunting when the predominate vegetation color is brown/tan. Only in the far south and/or very early in the season do any of us hunt when vegetation is green.
Even in the early teal season here, when there is lots of green vegetation in the marsh, there is always plenty of dead (brown/tan) vegetation left over from previous years. But, late in the season there is ONLY brown/tan....no green whatsoever.

Those are the reasons I avoid green on my boats. You may decide to use green. That's okay....it probably won't make all that much difference to the ducks if you use raffia/RealGrass/etc. over the boat anyway. But, I'm anal about my camouflage. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Re: New boat,need ideas

Postby labman63 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 am

Always plenty of green where I hunt. pine trees every where and we usually brush up with cedars. Every other boat I have had was green as a base and I stenciled tan and black marsh grass. Figured I'd reverse it but not sure, thats why I asked.
labman63
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds