Pro Drive 20' SBX

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Pro Drive 20' SBX

Postby ripem1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 pm

About to put in my order for a 20'x60" Pro Drive SBX w/36 Pro Drive. Going side console with some extras. Pro's con's anything I should watch out for? Any, "If I was going to buy another one I would have..............?"
Any advice is greatly appreciated! :help:
ripem1
Newb

Re: Pro Drive 20' SBX

Postby handyandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:52 am

go tiller
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby pintaildrake09 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

check out the stick steer!! Not sure if youve heard about it but it seems like a great idea. basically like an airboat but with a mudmotor.
pintaildrake09
hunter

Postby ripem1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Thanks Guys! My reasoning for console is multi purpose. I will some times encounter big water. (Two hands hangin' on is better than one!) We hunt till boats, dogs and finally us can't handle the ice, therefore kinda nice to duck (No pun intended) behind something. Want a console to mount GPS and other gadgets. Partner would sit beside me so view is not obstructed. I would have them weld pedestal floor mounts side by side at the stern, one in the center middle and one on the raised deck. Seen the stick steer, very cool but I have found any center control limits space within the boat for gear and can be a nuisance if we do a hunt right out of the boat.(Also just a preference and thought)
Really appreciate the feedback! Is my reasoning sound?
ripem1
Newb

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds