Nucanoe Duck Blind on a Regular Canoe???

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Nucanoe Duck Blind on a Regular Canoe???

Postby unchawk08 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 am

Has anyone tried to fit a Nucanoe layout duck blind on their regular canoe? I have a 12' Indian River that I hunt from and was thinking about purchasing the Nucanoe Duck Blind to see if it would fit onto it. I tried to search and see if anyone had posted about this, but didn't see anything. If I missed a previous thread on it please post.
unchawk08
Newb

Re: Nucanoe Duck Blind on a Regular Canoe???

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:57 am

The Nucanoe blind is fiberglass rod to make the hoops and fits into their recessed side area, which your canoe does not have and it ties down to their tie down spots, which yours does not have. Its also made for their 12' Frontier and if your canoe is longer it will not fit. I am going to be making a new blind for my sit on top kayak and looked at the NuCanoe blind, I like the front and stern covers, but am really not a fan of the Velcro on sides and the doors.

You always can make your own.
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=61126
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Nucanoe Duck Blind on a Regular Canoe???

Postby buckmeister » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:10 am

I have the nucanoe frontier and I absolutely love it, I also looked at the blind, I don't know what type of cover you are hunting in but I just pulled my nucanoe in the grass and leaned back and shot em in the face, if your kaykaks or canoes are painted right then a little burlap or camo netting is all you need. I don't plan on buying the blind, the guy who sold me the nucanoe had one and it is well made (the new one in Max4 cordura) Me and my Chesapeake just don't need it.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds