War Eagle Boat Problems?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Postby Deeks » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:12 pm

Guys... I just got a call from John Ward the owner of War Eagle and he couldn't have been a more stand up guy. He is replacing my boat with a brand new one... he assured me I wouldn't have any more problems with their boats and he told me he will always stand by his products :thumbsup: I guess I just got unlucky with the one I bought. Anyway thanks for all of the help and I'll make sure to post how the boat goes.
Deeks
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Now if Avery would stand behind their products like that we would be in great shape :thumbsup:
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby Digital » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 am

Deeks wrote:Guys... I just got a call from John Ward the owner of War Eagle and he couldn't have been a more stand up guy. He is replacing my boat with a brand new one... he assured me I wouldn't have any more problems with their boats and he told me he will always stand by his products :thumbsup: I guess I just got unlucky with the one I bought. Anyway thanks for all of the help and I'll make sure to post how the boat goes.

Glad to hear...I am the proud owner of an 06' 848, I've had no problems and the boat is out just about every weekend, hunting and fishing...I'm sure the replacement will be just as worthy..
Digital
hunter

Re: War Eagle Boat Problems?

Postby wareagleleftmehanging » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 pm

I have a 961 with a center counsel have used three times what a piece of junk. First time out two fuel leaks and a water leak on live well not to mention the wires for the trim on the throttle were pulled out (way to short) bilge pump quit full of metal fillings. Probably should have let it sink. the tube for the speedo was put on a gauge stud instead of the port. I pulled the drain plug then pulled half a coffee can of rivets (un used) and metal fillings out of the boat. Called starks sports in prairie du chien WI they said they could get to it in two to three weeks. so i fixed it myself. Then the floor started working lose and another live well leak developed this time up under the counsel. Sent war eagle a email they called back quickly said they'd come get it go through it and get it right back to me. That was three weeks ago it's still here. So I'm a little pissed and have started fixing it myself again. Worthless boat from a worthless company sold by a worthless dealer. i should bought an express i almost bought an express i wish i had bought the express.
wareagleleftmehanging
Newb

Postby Rhock19 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Grave diggin hey
Rhock19
hunter

Postby wareagleleftmehanging » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:42 pm

MY buddy who turned me on to war eagle gave me a call today asked if they picked my boat up. NO it's been over three weeks since they said they were. he's said good they can come get mine too. I asked why cracking welds he says i laugh so hard he hung up on me. went and looked at it pushed the crack open enough to see absolutely no prep work prior to welding no penetration and looks to be inclusions in the weld itself. I've worked as a millwright/engineer for twenty years and have held many welding certifications most of which have lapsed (welding sucks} once your good at it you don't want to do it anymore. We have had numerous boats from lund and crestliner and even an alumacraft. Never have had problems like i've had with my war eagle. On the positive side it rides and handles very well if it was not for the problems i'd be happy. So i guess i'll just keep after it until the problems are fixed and hopefully mine does fall apart but what I've seen doesn't instill much in the way of confidence.
wareagleleftmehanging
Newb

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds