Large camo pattern for duck boat

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Large camo pattern for duck boat

Postby mallard150 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:47 pm

I have been looking through dozens of posts and pictures on this forum and google images looking for some ideas on large camo patterns on duck boats. You all have some nice boats. I have stenciled boats before but I am looking at big patterns for breaking up my outline. I am getting ready to paint my boat and am not looking for fine detail in my pattern.

I know everyone has their own opinions about camo on duck boats. I'm not looking for a debate, I would just love to see some pics of your boat if you use a large camo pattern.

Any photos are greatly appreciated!
mallard150
Newb

Re: Large camo pattern for duck boat

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:54 am

My boat was always dull green and I covered it with a blind. I never saw the need to paint the boat camo when it was covered by a blind. I do agree the large camo patterns are a better idea, but no camo is really needed with 2" or 3" of boat exposed at the water line.

If you want to paint it, this is a good design. paint beige first, then Grey and then black.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Scale up the Natural Gear pattern, that would be the ticket. :beer:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 am

I'd just do a solid color and use natural brush to break up your out line. If you hunt a lot of open water is do more of a grey color than a green.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds