Need help!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Need help!

Postby mudlickman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:40 pm

So I figured id seek advice on here before I jump into something stupid (like I usually do.)

So a week after I sell my AA Blackjack to my good friend for fear of driving it across the country when I get out of the AF, I found im going to be in NJ most likely thru another duck season. So here is my predicament, I need to look at an inexpensive and lightweight option for hunting the coast and backwaters of NJ.

I know I will have a hard time replacing that boat/15hp yamaha combo, but oh well.

My ultimate goal is to stay under $1500 and have almost no manufacturing skills.

I have been looking at a few models
1. 4 Rivers Refuge Runner
2. Momarsh fatboy dp
3. Carstens Canvasback

The only thing is that these models have a very low hp rating. Would it be a death wish to have these in the barnegat bay (during ideal conditions) with that low of hp?

How difficult are the mud motor kits from mudmotorkits.com to throw together? Would that be a better option? I have heard of people using 6.5-7.5hp mudmotors on the refuge runner as well as the momarsh.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
mudlickman
hunter

Re: Need help!

Postby mudlickman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Also there seems to be more fatboy dp's for sale than the others so that helps their case.

Swampman2- no I do not want to buy your boat...

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
mudlickman
hunter

Re: Need help!

Postby dgram36 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:46 pm

On an unrelated note, does anyone have any hunting tips/techniques from an arthur armstrong blackjack. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgram36
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds