Final Attack?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Final Attack?

Postby Goose Getter » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:01 pm

For those of you guys that a have Final Attack layout boat I have a few questions. Is it really as bad as I've read about paddling it? I'm not going to use a motor, so that is not an option. I want to stay with a roto-molded set up, so this is where I'd like to start unless it's really that bad.
Goose Getter
hunter

Re: Final Attack?

Postby mudpack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:14 am

Goose Getter wrote: Is it really as bad as I've read about paddling it?

Everyone has their own threshold of tolerance for things like this. Get one and find out for yourself....that's the only way to arrive at the answer to your question. Good luck.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Limitsx10 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Just curious if you got one yet and if so how do you like it?. I'm considering a few different layout boat options including the Final Attack and the Phantom.
Limitsx10
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:35 pm

My buddy just bought one and I will be too. We tested it out today.... You can stand up and paddle in it without rolling. It will not move as easy as a kayak or be as fats but for are wants/needs it is.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Also best price we could find shipped was sportsman guide with a $30 membership.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Limitsx10 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks for the information. I was curious about how stable it was. I'm not really looking for transportation, more for a layout blind hunting low cover in 1 to 3 feet of water. Sound like it might be the ticket.

Thanks again.
Limitsx10
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Limitsx10 wrote:Thanks for the information. I was curious about how stable it was. I'm not really looking for transportation, more for a layout blind hunting low cover in 1 to 3 feet of water. Sound like it might be the ticket.

Thanks again.

He stood up right and use a boat paddle. So laying down/shooting will not be a issue. It is roomy also!
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:15 am

I guess you need to decide, how far will you be paddling and against wind or current.

If you are in a pond or flat back water and not going very far the limitations of its hull shape will not bother you. If you are going to be paddling longer distances you might want to get a kayak. Then if paddling in the wind on open water, you might want a rudder for said kayak. I'm not discussion various kayak options unless you want to go that route.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds