New EBADS

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

New EBADS

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:03 pm

I finally dropped the hammer on my new EBADS order today. I appreciate all of the comments by EBADS owners on here. I needed a new boat to use as a try boat for my new reduction drive shaft motors. I decided on the Ebads by Four Rivers as it seams to be the ultimate duck machine that is readily commercially available and broadly distributed.

Tom was a delight to deal with. I have been talking boats with him on and off for a number of years. I am looking for delivery in 3 weeks or so. The season's coming gentlemen. It's time to start thinking if you want to use the whole season in your new boat from Tom. He"s getting busy and I am excited. I'll post photos when I get my motor mounted and some performance numbers too. I am looking for plus 20 MPH out of 105 lbs of 14 HP by Robin.

Mark F. Cheney
utahmarshmotors.com on the Great Salt Lake marsh

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Re: New EBADS

Postby dogyak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Mark , congrats on the new rig . If you don't mine me asking , how much did you shell out total cost with shipment . I've been really thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself . Thanks !
dogyak
hunter

Postby Fowl Behavior Outdoors » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I love my ebads great choice in boats. Can't wait to see what motor u put on it. U going longtail or surface. Hoping to get my hands on a sobads soon to add to the fleet think both boats will have there place in my area of hunting
Fowl Behavior Outdoors
hunter

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Dogyak:

I am in Bountiful, Utah, 84010. I believe customary freight from Odessa to me for the boxed boat is $325.00. Since I ship frequently, my freight cost me some less than that. Tom and I traded some because I am in the motor business and he could use some things from me and me from him, so my end price would not be relevant to some one else. I have put my motors on his boats and knew the excellence of his product's quality. That is why I went with an EBADS. I think that his published price list is a fair balance of money for product.

I am mounting a 14 HP robin long tail by Utah Marsh Motors with a clutch and a 1 1/2 1 reduction to the prop and turning a 10 x 8 prop. It will weigh in at 105 lbs.

Mark F. Cheney

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby Pumpgunner » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Mark, I would love to see that motor in person and give it a spin on one of my boats! We should get together soon.
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby dogyak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:
dogyak
hunter

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Pumpgunner,

I am doing family reunion things this week. I have every thing in hand to finish one up. I will get with you late next week. I just loved your boats. I am guessing that Cutler would be the place to go that is accessible?

Mark F. Cheney

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby okie_duck » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Mark,
Congratulations on the new boat! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. That size motor should get you close to your expected top speed.
okie_duck
hunter

Postby 4riverman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:16 pm

dogyak wrote:Mark , congrats on the new rig . If you don't mine me asking , how much did you shell out total cost with shipment . I've been really thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself . Thanks !

Dogyak, give me a shout via phone, pm or email or text and I will get you a quote on a rig.
Four Rivers Layout Boats
Odessa, MO
http://www.fourriverslayoutboats.com
email: sales@fourriverslayoutboats.com
Phone: 816-694-4955
4riverman
DHC Sponsor

Postby Pumpgunner » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Mark, Cutler would work fine. Let me know when you're free, I can't wait to see your new motor in action!
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby Fowl Behavior Outdoors » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:35 pm

I would also be interested in seeing the results u get on that motor. Looking for a new longtail for my ebads
Fowl Behavior Outdoors
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds