??? Momarsh doors

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

??? Momarsh doors

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:29 pm

On my doors, the end closest to my head overlap and makes calling and such a hassle without moving the doors. Are others like this? Most pics I have saw are straight I believe. Also, does anyone use a four rivers seat in the momarsh? For some reason that's what I got with it and from the little I used it, I think the doors were hitting the sides of the seat, possibly from the overlap??? Or the seat is just too wide for it.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Re: ??? Momarsh doors

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:04 pm

You do realize it's a simple fix if it is mounted where you want it, to reduce the width?

Just take the ends off, cut the tube ( measure twice, cut once ) with a hack saw. Then re install the ends on the doors!

I built my own boat, but used Four rivers doors and a Momarsh seat, just my preference on each.

I adjusted my doors to fit me and my heights, were I like to sit up, etc.

Nothing is just a plug an play, should make them fit you .
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby StanwoodSpartan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 pm

I use my Four Rivers BAR seat in my Fatboy DP... workes extremely well!!
Shoot a goose, save a plane!
StanwoodSpartan
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:36 am

I noticed in your picture the forward mounting spot on yours is different then mine. I have more doors not mounted on the raised lip. Buys me a couple more inches. Might help give you more room.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby StanwoodSpartan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Also, I see your doors are flat. I raised my screws so the doors would'nt be completely flat, but just under a 45 degree angle. Thry that before cutting, so they don't end up too short when up a bit
Shoot a goose, save a plane!
StanwoodSpartan
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:18 pm

StanwoodSpartan wrote:Also, I see your doors are flat. I raised my screws so the doors would'nt be completely flat, but just under a 45 degree angle. Thry that before cutting, so they don't end up too short when up a bit

Your right. Guess I thought he already knew that, my mistake....
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds