Duck Hunting Forum banner

finished my paint job

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  tgs 
#1 ·
I used Parkers duck boat paint and Styx River stencils. Thanks to all guys that have posted what they did when they painted their boats,I got a lot of information on this site. Here are before, during and after shots.

See less See more
#9 ·
For the base color I used Parkers Sand Tan. The stencils are Styx Rivers Mossy Oak Shadow Grass. I used thier colors for the brown and black bark. The grass I used 5 colors, Styx Rivers Sand and Leaf Green, also Parkers Autum Gold, Dead Grass and Moss Green. Cabelas had the Parkers paint on sale, I got the Sand Tan in a gallon for $29 and the spray cans for $5.50 in the store. The grass I did randomly, used the stencil in differnt angels and I didn't spray the entire stencil each time. After the base is down, I did light black in random stripes, a shadow look, then the brown spots, then the black bark and finaily the grass, I did all 5 colors on the grass at the same time. After I sprayed a stencil, I moved to another section of the boat, to give it time to dry. The right side then the rear, then left side, then the front and back to the right side. I used a wire yard sign holder to keep the stencil tight to the boat. If possible turn the boat upside down, the stencils will lay better. Make sure to keep the black bark as close to the boat as possible, I feel this is the most important part of the stenciling. Any other help you can PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.