Grassing an EBADS

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Grassing an EBADS

Postby click » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 pm

I just picked up my rig from tom at Four Rivers on friday. Started getting it rigged up tonight and realized i have no clue how i should grass. I'm leaning on either the fake stuff or real raffia, but does anyone who owns one know how much it take?
About the only stuff left to do on it is wiring up the electric stuff and slapping a 13 hp copperhead on it that is in the garage. I am picking up the trailer for it on moday, so with a little luck i'll have it on the water next weekend.
BTW kudo's to tom, excellent customer service and just an all around awsome guy to deal with.
Matt,
Proudly Owned By A CBR Wildwood's Slow Poke Blue Wing Timber
2014-2015 Season Recovery 100%
Days Hunted 10
2013-2014 Season Recovery 89.5%
Days Hunted 42
click
hunter

Re: Grassing an EBADS

Postby blackrock » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:54 am

click wrote:I just picked up my rig from tom at Four Rivers on friday. Started getting it rigged up tonight and realized i have no clue how i should grass. I'm leaning on either the fake stuff or real raffia, but does anyone who owns one know how much it take?
About the only stuff left to do on it is wiring up the electric stuff and slapping a 13 hp copperhead on it that is in the garage. I am picking up the trailer for it on moday, so with a little luck i'll have it on the water next weekend.
BTW kudo's to tom, excellent customer service and just an all around awsome guy to deal with.
Congrats on the new boat! Didn't the main man have ideas to help you conceal it? Surely he would be a top resource. Does it have grassing rails or bungies? Blind available?
blackrock
hunter

Postby click » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:39 am

I have the blind kit with so it's basically going to be like grassing up a layout blind (lots of brush straps). I'm just curious how many pounds of grass it will take. I need to get a rough idea so i can figure if a bulk purchase is the way to go.
Matt,
Proudly Owned By A CBR Wildwood's Slow Poke Blue Wing Timber
2014-2015 Season Recovery 100%
Days Hunted 10
2013-2014 Season Recovery 89.5%
Days Hunted 42
click
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:55 pm

click wrote:I have the blind kit with so it's basically going to be like grassing up a layout blind (lots of brush straps). I'm just curious how many pounds of grass it will take. I need to get a rough idea so i can figure if a bulk purchase is the way to go.

If you are ordering from J Sterns it's a 25 pound minimum order. So may as well just plan on ordering that much.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:27 pm

I am jealous of your boat. I am anxously waiting mine.

Mark F. Cheney
utahmarshmotors.com on the Great Salt Lake marsh

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby Fowl Behavior Outdoors » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:49 pm

I've had my ebads for 4 seasons. I use avery grass mats in the timber color. It's darker than the yellow mats. I've use raffle and killer weed it looks good but strings off and is always getting caught on something. I key is to grass every piece separate. I started with my cover then grass the doors off the boat and put them on then the dog blind same as the doors. If you do this u have the option of removing pieces when not in use. If I use my boat for transport to a blind I take doors and dog blind of if that makes sense.
Fowl Behavior Outdoors
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 am

I've found that Avery Real Grass more closely matches the dead cattail, millet, and bulrush I hunt in, and it is much more durable than raffia or KW. It's also "cleaner". Cut into 24" x 6" strips, one package more than covers my 8' AquaPod.
mudpack
hunter

Postby 4riverman » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:49 am

Mark F. Cheney wrote:I am jealous of your boat. I am anxously waiting mine.

Mark F. Cheney

Mark, your EBADS in just about ready, just adding finishing touches to it. I will be calling you soon for shipping info. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Four Rivers Layout Boats
Odessa, MO
http://www.fourriverslayoutboats.com
email: sales@fourriverslayoutboats.com
Phone: 816-694-4955
4riverman
DHC Sponsor

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds