Seat pedastal height?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Seat pedastal height?

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:11 am

How high should i go? I am thinking 11, 13, or 16 inches? What does everyone use on their boats?
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:19 pm

i think mine are 11 inch.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCduckduster » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:12 pm

depends on how high your grass is on you duck blind. you want to sit low enough in the boat to hide your body. dont know height of mine but the grass is about 6 inches over my head. :thumbsup:
SCduckduster
hunter

Postby likesbigspreads » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:19 pm

16 inch ones for me. 11 for the wife(shes only 5' tall) THe taller one for me lets me get up alot easier than the shorter one.
likesbigspreads
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun May 01, 2005 12:06 pm

I have a 6" pedelstal on top of the boat seat, I have the camo Big Mans boat seat with high back from Cabelas--one of the better purchases I've made the other year. When sitting on it, my eyes can see over the blind to scan the water/horizon for incoming ducks that are low. I hate crunched kness (like sitting on a couch-puke!, as I like sitting in a chair at dinning room table) as I have a back/knee problems.
The pedelstal was a fixed 10" tall one, I cut the center 4" out and had it rewelded for a custom height. It has slots for 4 bolts lower and 4 bolts upper, and the swivel is between the chair and the pededstal. Yes, it is permanent and not removable for quick stowage.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

get a power pedistal

Postby bigcan » Fri May 06, 2005 1:13 am

i would buy a power pedistal and a bottom base that is like a mound with the hole in the middle so you don't have to saw out a 2" hole to make the other mounts work. You would simply just slip the pedistal in the slot and that black clip locks in. You will pay more, but the power pedistals are the only way to go. I've owned 3 of them on 3 different boats.

The base has 6 holes so just place it where you want and mount it on with stainless screws. Get the pedistal that is the shortest version. The larger one's will have you on the roof of a 26' seaswirl. You just lift the side lever, and up or down you go and release it when you want to stop. You'll never be sorry. Get a comfortable chair with padding in dark colors. You get tired out there.
watching the surface...
bigcan
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds