PVC Boat Blind

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

PVC Boat Blind

Postby Quackmaster12 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:44 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on a PVC pipe blind for a small jon boat..14' long..ANYONE..PLEASE!!
Quackmaster12
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:25 am

I have never made one out of pvc ,but I have made one out of electrical condut. I was able to make it pretty cheap. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post some.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

PVC Boat Blind

Postby widgeonwhacker » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:21 pm

I made a frame from PVC for my 12' duck boat. I used 1" PVC pipe for the up-right posts as well as for the top lateral support post. Then I welded two small C-Clamps to 3/4" metal pipes. I use the clamps on the sides of the boats and the 1" PVC up rights slide right over the metal pipes. When I'm done, just pull the blind off and unclamp it and go. Was cheap and works great.
If the dog retrieves the decoy, go buy another dozen.
widgeonwhacker
hunter

Postby kody1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:26 pm

3/4 emt (electricall conduit) fits snuggly into schedule 40 grey electrical pvc conduit. This is what I used to build the blind. You need an emt conduit bender which any rental yard will have and will, most if the time, let you use for free in thier yard.
kody1
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:21 am

I built a PVC blind frame for a buddies 12' boat. IMO, I think it's a waste of money. The PVC becomes very brittle in below-freezing temps and the glue does not hold the joints together. After a couple of hunts we had to shoot screws in each joint.

I think the EMT conduit will work much better for you with a lot less maintenance and it doesn't really way all that much. My EMT blind frame on my old 14' boat weighed about 20 lbs.
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds