Need your input on a boat!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Need your input on a boat!

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri May 06, 2005 9:18 pm

Hi guys, I have been thinking obout getting a boat for duck hunting and some fishing. I have never hunted out of a boat before. I found a 14' welded alluminum boat for sale. can this be turned into a duck boat. i.e. will it take paint. can i attach blind material to it easily enough.

here is the link.
www.craigslist.com/sfc/boa/71265228.html If you have the time to give it a look i would appriciate it. please let me know of any ideas that you might have.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Fri May 06, 2005 10:19 pm

She looks like a real good deal. A lot of stuff on her for the price, and it could easily be made into a duck boat. However, I have heard from others who have painted boats that unless you do the right prep work
(and I can't remember for the life of me what to do) the paint will flake off like nobody's business. If I estimate it right you've got a good boat on your hands that will go great all around (fishing, hunting etc.) for only a little extra cost. Best wishes!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Sun May 08, 2005 10:42 am

Looks like a good sized boat. Somebody on here told me that painting those boats is a pain, but I've never personally tried. Have you seen how that 5h.p. motor pushes that boat. I've got about a 10' boat with a 5 on it. I haven't loaded it down yet but I'm a little worried about it. Anybody know how that 5horse would push that boat.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Sun May 08, 2005 7:56 pm

i had a 9.8 merc on a 14ft lake jon and it pushed it great...i would think the size vs. load would be close to your setup.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Mon May 09, 2005 12:47 am

itll do but it sure aint no flat bottom. if ur hunting open areas and big lakes/rivers it will be ok but sure wont go in any 6 - 0 inches of water like others would.
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds