What is this boat worth?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

What is this boat worth?

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:05 pm

This is our boat. It is a 10 ft aluminum flat bottom Jon boat. As you can see it has a camo paint job and some lights that get plugged into a 12v battery. It has no leaks and is stored in our shop. We reinforced the bottom with angle iron and self tapping screws with rubber washers. Has a handle in front, and two heavy duty handles we installed in back. Very lightweight and easy to carry. I pick up my new boat tomorrow, and since it is stored at my parents house, they say it has to go. We have put alot of time and effort turing this from a sinker to a nice little boat. What do you guys think it is worth?

whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:17 am

You'll probably have to pay someone to take it off your hands.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
j/k, I saw this post on the refuge forum. Truthfully, you might get $50.
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:57 pm

I would buy it, it looks like its in good condition.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:09 pm

You shouldn't have any problems selling that. I think you could get $100 or $200 out of it. If you were in TN, I'd take it off your hands. :yes:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Dogman » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:19 pm

Its worth absolutely nothing,but if you put it in a crate and ship it out to me I'll take it off your hands. :toofunny:

As long as it doesn't leak someone will buy it,just don't ask too much and you'll sell it pretty quick. :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:25 pm

Its in great shape, no leaks. I wouldn't have it any other way. WHen I went to get my new boat the guy said he knew someone who was looking for a boat like this one. Also saw an ad in a gas station looking for a small boat for 2 people, so I called and left a message. I just had no idea what to ask for it.

My buddy I bought my new boat off of said those have been selling at auctions for $250-300, and people buying them there don't even know if they leak.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:25 am

I would ask $175 and come down if you have to.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:51 pm

why not try to get a lil' more off that start...$250-300 seems entirely reasonable to me. Then come down if you have to.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:33 am

I would be in yer drive way before morning w/ $$$$ in my hand for that lil boat...... That is EXACTLY what I am looking for!!!

Dang these here long distance drives!!!! :hammering:
-Stouff

(I dont care what they say, that there boat , w/ no leaks, is a damn nice lil boat!!!)
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds