problem with my duck boat

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

problem with my duck boat

Postby littleone » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:54 am

my 18 ft aluminum boat has a leak. it has floor boards and i cant tell wear the leak is. does anyone know of the best way to find this leak without taking the floor up? any suggestions to fix this spot after finding the leak? remember men rule and guns are cool..............
littleone
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:44 am

GLUV-IT is an outstanding sealer/primer/filler/epoxy etc. for aluminum boats.... it actually flexes.....I would suuggest that you seal the entire hull with it after repairing your problem....or you might want to take a shot at it clearing up your problem in the first place.......about $75 per gallon
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HonkShooter » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:28 am

Fill it up with some high quality H2O.
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:34 pm

Put the boat on a pair of saw horses. And fill it with water until you can see where the leak is. Circle the leaks the size of a baesball and any rivets with water on them with with a majic marker.

Drain the water out and let dry.

Try using marine epoxy--it is very sticky and strong. Follow the perparation directions closely. This can be applied to the outside of the boat--so no taking up the floor boards.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:21 pm

admin2 wrote:Put the boat on a pair of saw horses. And fill it with water until you can see where the leak is. Circle the leaks the size of a baesball and any rivets with water on them with with a majic marker.

Drain the water out and let dry.

Try using marine epoxy--it is very sticky and strong. Follow the perparation directions closely. This can be applied to the outside of the boat--so no taking up the floor boards.

Dang it, you beat me to it! :thumbsup:

Also, once you find the leak, you should try to patch it w/ another piece of alluminum sheet metal, just weld the lil booger on, and yer home free! :salude:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby donell67 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:56 pm

what admin said. and you can just take it to a welder. i had a couple leaks welded it was only 27 bucks.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:42 pm

Use the rihno liner you can buy in a can. You can put it on the outside & the inside.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds