boat blind ideas

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

boat blind ideas

Postby Proby » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:28 pm

So im lookin for ideas me and buddy are on a mission to build a duck blind however we would like some input on what works best. Im lookin for tips in both areas concerning design and materials used.
Im also new here so hi everybody this is an awesome chat ive gotten so many questions answers just from reading old chats.
Proby
Newb

Postby take em' 77 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:28 pm

is your blind going to be a boat or ground blind?
take em' 77
hunter

Postby Proby » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:58 am

Boat blind, ive heard good things about using metal conduit not so good things about PVC. Just kinda wanting some more opinions. Any pictures of structural builds would be great too.
Proby
Newb

Postby huntforever » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:02 pm

Mine is made from 1/2 in. conduit and it is portable. it worked out OK.
huntforever
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:13 pm

Mine is a replica of an avery quik set or whatever they are called. One of my buddies took all the measurements then went to home depot and built it himself.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby highflyer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:01 am

mine is made out of wood branchs and cat tails because of the back gounds and were the ducks come from behide me.
highflyer
Newb

BOAT BLIND

Postby DUCKANDBUCKAHOLIC » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:30 pm

I TOOK FOUR 2 FOOT LONG STEEL SQUARE TUBE AND PUT THEM DOWN AT THE FOUR CORNERS OF MY JOHN BOAT WITH A 2X1 FOOT AND A-HALF PIECE OF WOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TWO ON EACH SIDE. ATTACHING THEM AT ABOUT 2 1/2 INCHES FROM THE TOP OF THE RAILING WITH A BOLT THIS ALLOWS THEM TO FOLD DOWN FLAT. THEN I TOOK A 8 FOOT CARBON ROD (THE TYPE THAT HOLDS UP TAKE DOWN GOLF NETS) AND FOLDED IT FROM WOOD PIECE TO WOOD PEICE AND THAT WAS MY TOP. I STRUNG CAMO FROM STEEL TUBE TO STEEL TUBE TAKEING IT AROUND THE BOW AND STERN. THEN ON THE BACK SIDE I ATTACHED A STRAND OF CAMO FROM THE BACK STEEL TUBES CASTING IT OVER THE CARBON ROD CONNECTING IT AT THE FRONT STEEL TUBES.
UNDERNEITH THE CAMO I HAVE GREEN TARPS I PAINTED THE INSIDE ONE SO THE GREEN WOULDNT STICK OUT FROM THE CAMO PATTERN. BUT BLACK COULD BE USED TO. (THE TARPS ARE TO STOP RAIN AND WIND IT GETS REALLY WINDY ON OKLAHOMA LAKES SOMETIMES AND THE BEST TIME TO HUNT DUCKS IS IN THE RAIN.)
AND IT ALL FOLDS FLAT SO IT WONT BLOW OFF WHEN YOUR GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY. :yes: :mrgreen:
WHATEVER YOUR HANDS FIND TO DO, DO IT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT.

ECCLESIASTES 9:10
DUCKANDBUCKAHOLIC
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Hey DUCKANDBUCK, you got any pictures of that setup. It sounds good, but I'm having a hard time picturing it in my head. I'm also trying to rig a boat blind up.
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds