title for boat question

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

title for boat question

Postby joryc » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:59 pm

heres the problem....

I found and old 14 ft. aluminum boa sitting and rotting away so i thought i would fix it up and make it my ducks boat. So i did and now that it good to go i need to get the tag for it becasue i will most likely be hunting on a few public spots this fall and there is no title. So what do i need to do to get a tag for that boat?

thanks, Jory
joryc
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:07 pm

Was there a serial no. on it or better yet a registration no. on the hull? If there are either of these you can find out who it was registered to and see if they will transfer the title to you.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:10 pm

I did that...I had to fill out form, pay a little xtra for a new title, mailed it in, and recieved a new title in the mail. I believe that the form had a detachable piece that you keep until you get your title...seems like it took awhile to get it back and was around $80-$100. I picked up a form at the motor vehicle registration place. Id call ahead ta be sure :thumbsup: Y'all have nice day! :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:53 am

Every state is different on the boat registration laws. Call the Motor vehicle reg outlets where you live as I think most states issue the title through them. If not, ask them who do you call to get it done.
Last edited by Admin2 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby wa.duckhunter » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:58 am

:withstupid: I had just about the same situation as you I found an old 12 ft aluminum boat, the owner couldn't find the title. As already mentioned above I followed the same procedure in getting a new title. For the most part it was pretty painless. Good luck!!
wa.duckhunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds